Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Open carry is "illegal" basically in PA the sheriff told me!

I see two different interpretations of a word here, let's get everyone talking the same language before it goes way off topic.
    Printing in this case is in reference to putting ink on paper, as in printing the text of a legal decision to carry it with you. The word wasn't used as a reference to having a visible outline of a concealed weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    I open carried yesterday as I'm still awaiting my CCW and just didnt feel safe in the area while I was there. Didn't have a problem, only one LEO in a squad car slowed down and looked at me, I just smiled and nodded. No hassle, a few inquisitive looks, and I didnt even have a problem with the mother and child who walked by me.
    God blesses the people of PA! Think about how unfortunate it is for legal gun owners in NJ who can only dream about carrying openly. I think the people of that state should remove from power the corrupted officials that they kept voted in time after time. First thing a corrupt politician would do is to tell the populace to hide the guns, next come registration........then confiscation. Why are they afraid of someone openly and legally carrying firearms?, he he he......

1FingrCHan

(Montgomery County)

UPDATE- I just called det. Richard Marsh of the DA's office, and i was told open carry is illegal and you will be arrested. He cited title 18 section 6301 or 6501 , he said it was illegal in there. I suggest others call him and find out what he is talking about. I just got official word(he is the sole firearms person for the da and he has an ffl) thats says its illegal. Do i think he might have bee nplaying word games with me a little...yes a little. Open carry is illegal in thier view and you will without a doubt be arrested!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jkroner659 View Post
    UPDATE- I just called det. Richard Marsh of the DA's office, and i was told open carry is illegal and you will be arrested. He cited title 18 section 6301 or 6501 , he said it was illegal in there. I suggest others call him and find out what he is talking about. I just got official word(he is the sole firearms person for the da and he has an ffl) thats says its illegal. Do i think he might have bee nplaying word games with me a little...yes a little. Open carry is illegal in thier view and you will without a doubt be arrested!
    6301 is corruption of minors and 6501 is scattering rubbish (littering)

He's pulling numbers out of his ass. Call him back and stick it to him.

Rule, i think it's time you give him a call. Maybe it's less likely he'll bullshit an attorney.

(Berks County)

6301 is Corruption of Minors and 6501 is Scattering or Rubbish.

He is full of it. I want to see him write that charge.

(Berks County)

Mongomery county is moving farther and farther left and becomming more anti by the day. That is one of the major reasons that when my wife and I bought our home we moved out to Berks. I can say beyond any shadow of a doubt that the SD in Berks is staffed with some really great folks and it is much friendlier to the 2nd.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    6301 is corruption of minors and 6501 is scattering rubbish (littering)

He's pulling numbers out of his ass. Call him back and stick it to him.

Rule, i think it's time you give him a call. Maybe it's less likely he'll bullshit an attorney.
    LOL Marc...you beat me to it

(Luzerne County)

it is NOT illegal. Tell him to go back and read (possibly for the first time) the UFA and Commonwealth v. Hawkins, then get back to you. You might also want to send him the open carry article from Lancaster (?) that is posted on this and many other forums.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    it is NOT illegal. Tell him to go back and read (possibly for the first time) the UFA and Commonwealth v. Hawkins, then get back to you. You might also want to send him the open carry article from Lancaster (?) that is posted on this and many other forums.

Good idea!
    It's on our homepage, but since it applies to this topic and some may not look there very often, here it is.
    http://local.lancasteronline.com/11/30957
    VERY well written piece by the way.

Print it and send him a copy to read while he's taking another dump... out of his mouth!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Good idea!
    It's on our homepage, but since it applies to this topic and some may not look there very often, here it is.
    http://local.lancasteronline.com/11/30957
    VERY well written piece by the way.

Print it and send him a copy to read while he's taking another dump... out of his mouth!
    Well, If we can not resolve this issue and either rule or gun lawer want to do some pro bono publico defense work, I'll gladly get myself arrested for open carry. I'm all about the montgomery county sheriffs office paying my way through law school following the civil suit and, quite frankly, i've got nothing better to do this summer.

Maybe we could even get one of those 5301 convictions for the arresting officers if we're feeling particularly vindictive.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast