Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Game Officer harassment

I thought you would get a kick out of this.

I was in Warren today. I went into Burger King to get a soda and pee.

I'm standing on line in the ropes and a man behind me says "hey, you have a license to carry that". Now, I was c/c however, PRINTING BADLY. So I turn around and its 2 Game commission officers or Game whatevers. I did see their logo truck in the parking lot when I left.

Me: Its none of your business, sir.
    Him: Yes it is, and I have the authority to ask you especially that you're obviously not a resident of PA. (he must have tuned into my Brooklynese speech)
    Me: Um, no, you don't have any authority to ask me anything. Why don't you go and harass someone else.
    Him: You can be arrested for failing to answer my question. I have the authority.
    Me: being a bitch, put my shirt behind my gun so now I'm O/Cing. Now arrest me for legally O/Cing on private property being you have the authority.
    Him: Are you taunting me?
    Me: Are you harassing me about doing something perfectly legal on private property that is absolutely none of your business?
    Him: I'm not harassing you. I just want to know if you have a license to carry that.
    Me: Its none of your God damn business! And yes, you certainly are harassing me, and I've now had my fill of listening to your bullshit. Don't say another word to me or I will be calling 911. Have a nice day.

Conversation over.

Default Re: Game Officer harassment

Nice job putting a wannabe in his place!!!!

Rep inbound.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Nice job putting a wannabe in his place!!!!

Rep inbound.
    Wow that was harsh........ What "HE" did was not right , but no reason to attack his position/job. Wildlife officer have all the authority of a police officer in the state of PA and in most states. They, by the nature of the individuals they deal with are almost 100% gaurenteed to be dealing with an armed person ( hunters ). They have every right to be called and respected as a law enforcement officer. Because this one or two officers questioned a person that was admittedly printing you call them a "wannabe". I would be worried if they didnt question a person with a concealed weapon in a fast food resturant. Im not trying to start a fight here , im just saying these guys deserve repect for the job they do. They go through 6 months of trainning to become wildlife officers the same amount of time a police officer goes through. They may not focus on everything a police officer does , but I dont see a LEO out on the river or tromping through the woods checking that people are complying with laws.
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

Michele great job standing up for yourself my comments were not directed at how you handled yourself.
    No longer posting

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Wow that was harsh........ What "HE" did was not right , but no reason to attack his position/job. Wildlife officer have all the authority of a police officer in the state of PA and in most states. They, by the nature of the individuals they deal with are almost 100% gaurenteed to be dealing with an armed person ( hunters ). They have every right to be called and respected as a law enforcement officer. Because this one or two officers questioned a person that was admittedly printing you call them a "wannabe". I would be worried if they didnt question a person with a concealed weapon in a fast food resturant. Im not trying to start a fight here , im just saying these guys deserve repect for the job they do. They go through 6 months of trainning to become wildlife officers the same amount of time a police officer goes through. They may not focus on everything a police officer does , but I dont see a LEO out on the river or tromping through the woods checking that people are complying with laws.
    Show me where WCO's go through ACT120!

No ACT 120, no Authority.

(Lancaster County)

WCO's go through 20 weeks of ACT 120 trainning ...... where are you getting your info. Here is a link right to the WCO training brochure

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/images/law/wco_brochure.pdf
    No longer posting

WCO's go through 20 weeks of ACT 120 trainning ...... where are you getting your info. Here is a link right to the WCO training brochure

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/images/law/wco_brochure.pdf
    PAGC is not F&B ........

(Lackawanna County)

I would be worried if they didnt question a person with a concealed weapon in a fast food resturant.
    WHAT?! WHAT!!! Rethink that maybe? It's none of their goddamn business. All the 'authority' comments make him sound like what he probably was, a jackass.

Uh...they may have 235, but it is not 120...no way no how, in fact, some of them have no training at all, they have uniformed positions open to applicants pending training and unless the Burger King parking lot is State Land and the employees are killing the cows out back, I would tend to believe that they should shove off.

+1 to the OP
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Luzerne County)

Anyone can ask you question. You do not need to answer them. Respect is earned and not freely given. There is a difference in courtesy and respect.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast