Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Game Officer harassment

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAGUNNER View Post
    HERE is my opinion:

If you are on State Game Lands and you are even stupid enough to fart-crosswind and a DCNR officer notices or even has an inkling that it may be you be prepared to be harassed, searched or punched as you are a fool and should have known better.

Any sensible pennsylvania resident knows that you DO NOT MESS with DCNR/Park Rangers or what have you IN PA....

This does not mean State Police officers...

DCNR Officers dont NEED Probable cause... they need REASONABLE AMOUNT OF SUSPICION.....

Which means... if that was you who farted crosswind and his nose smelled it you are screwed....

So Dont mess with the nature freeks or they will * you Up!!

I have found DCNR officers hiding in the woods waiting to pounce on us for riding ATV's on state game lands.... those DiCkNR offices were sneaky but a little slow...lol.... but even when you think you are alone there is probably a Game warden or DCNR officer in a gilly's suit hiding in a tree watching you with binoculars... believe me .... Ive seen them
    While this is straying a little from the original topic.... The Game Commission patrol the game lands. Rangers have jurisdiction over State Parks and State Forest land only. Act 141 (Municipal Police Jurisdiction Act) is limited by DCNR Regulations.

If you saw someone in a ghillie suit up a tree who was far enough away that he needed bino's to see you then it was a WCO not a Ranger, trust me the guys I work with (rangers) are neither young nor limber enough to be climbing trees myself included....

Regardless if what happened to the OP was right or wrong, if a LEO sees a handgun "printing", the handgun is obiviously concealed. Because a LTCF is required to conceal a handgun on your person (in most cases), dosen't that give the LEO the right to ask the person if they have a LTCF?

You go girl .. don't put up with that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepyromaniak View Post
    Hey mocha can you provide some documentation to back it being bs? River has already.
    I haven't read the whole thread yet, but WCO's have LEO powers only while acting within the scope of their job (which is enforcing game laws). That can take place anywhere they suspect a game violation to have taken place, even on private property. They do not even need RAS for certain kind of stops.
    I am not gonna do your research for you; you can believe it or not.

P.S. Are you related to WCO Bimber?

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by alowe56 View Post
    Actually, based on Michelle's description, the officer was rather loud and obnoxious himself. Not exactly polite and discreet. At least, that's how I read it.
    With the same reasoning as to why should she be questioned in the first place, why should he be soft spoken and polite. He is not required to be soft spoken and polite. Same as she was not required to aswer his question. Neither was right in attitude. Neither displayed any candor. Just had a little image in my head. "cop: PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. GET DOWN ON THE GROUND ; ME: NO, YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK ME IN THAT WAY. NOW SAY PLEASE OR IM NOT DOING IT" lol. picturing that with the southpark cop. lol.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    the difference is, smoking weed is a crime no matter where you're doing it. the act of smoking gives an LEO the right to arrest you. the act of carrying a gun is NOT.
    CC without a valid LCTF is also illegal. No matter where you’re doing it.

And the leo must do a test on the drugs. Mabey it was cloves.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Regardless if what happened to the OP was right or wrong, if a LEO sees a handgun "printing", the handgun is obiviously concealed. Because a LTCF is required to conceal a handgun on your person (in most cases), dosen't that give the LEO the right to ask the person if they have a LTCF?
    Please see post #90
    http://forum.pafoa.org/671303-post-90.html

Oh... and #99

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha Java View Post
    Bullshit--you don't know what you are talking about. Which game law was he violating?
    They are enpowered to enforce All laws game or other wise.
    "(17) When acting within the scope of the officer's employment, pursue, apprehend or arrest any individual suspected of violating any provision of 18 Pa.C.S. (relating to crimes and offenses) or any other offense classified as a misdemeanor or felony. The officer shall also have the power to serve and execute warrants issued by the proper authorities for offenses referred to in this paragraph and to serve subpoenas issued for examination. All powers as provided for in this paragraph will be limited by such administrative procedure as the director, with the approval of the commission, shall prescribe. The regulations shall be promulgated within 90 days of the effective date of this paragraph"

you can read what 18 Pa.C.s covers but it covers EVERY law.
    Last edited by riverpirate; March 28th, 2009 at 08:33 PM.
    No longer posting

(Armstrong County)

Thumbs up Re: Game Officer harassment

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    They are enpowered to enforce All laws game or other wise.
    "apprehend or arrest any individual suspected of violating any provision of 18 Pa.C.S. (relating to crimes and offenses) or any other offense classified as a misdemeanor or felony. The officer shall also have the power to serve and execute warrants issued by the proper authorities for offenses referred to in this paragraph and to serve subpoenas issued for examination. "
    Thats news. But goes along with my point. and He may of had a suspision. Not a good well found one, but one none the less.

(Lancaster County)

suspision is subjective when they are acting whithin the scope of their duties. it is all how you write the report
    No longer posting

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast