Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Game Officer harassment

Quote Originally Posted by hzox221 View Post
    She was asked by a LEO of the State of Pennsylvania if she had a LTCF for carrying concealled.
    A question he had no basis to ask, nor authority to demand an answer. The point here is not to figure out how to make friends with cops; it's how to control them: they're our servants, and too often they get too big for their britches.

You're explaining how to make nice with our out-of-line servant by treating him as a rightful overlord. And you're right: it would have worked like a charm. But it wouldn't have set our servant straight, possibly before he got himself or others in some serious shit.

Her vebal actions are by no means illegal, but her character may be questioned by the Sheriff... If it odes then, it will be up to her to take this to the courts.
    If it were to happen, I hope the Sheriff would be put in his place as soundly as the one who took SFN's LTCF. That would be another example of an out-of-control servant acting like our master.

And WTF, why would you ever pull your shirt back to show a firearm without be instructed to? That action could be easily mistaken as a effort to draw a firearm.
    That's the first valid point you've made in this thread.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Anyone know what a game officer ( PGC) uniform looks like, DCNR state parks rangers, and the county parks rangers uniforms look like?

Last week I saw a man in a dark brown uniform,a patch on each shoulder, duty belt with not much more than an XD, 2 spare mags and handcuff holder. The XD got me all excited of course LOL! No I didn't go over to him and tell him OCing XD's is sexy LMAO. He was on his phone pacing around, no doubt waiting for his Chinese carryout food. I do wonder if he was a ranger for the county aprks, being as the rail trail is nearby, and if so, if I were to OC on the trail, he might be the ranger to respond if there is a complaint. Then I could say we both OC the same gun, "how ya like the XD"? hee hee hee...
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    A game officer sometimes is an LEO, and where he stops being an LEO is not at all clear. It sure doesn't end the moment he steps off gamelands property.
    I know that WCO's can pretty much walk anywhere they want, posted for trespassing or not. They do have all the same powers as police do, and even some that the police don't have. I highly doubt the local cops are going to walk around the woods or rivers checking hunting and fishing licenses... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by son of the revolution View Post
    Oy vey He had to have the RAS to even ASK THE QUESTION to begin with legally !!! What is so difficult to understand about that ??
    Actually, he can ask anyone pretty much anything he wants. If a PSP is waiting for some lunch and gets bored, he can ask someone, "So, how many people ya killed today?" or, "Got a doobie on ya?" or, "Running any Turkish today?" or anything else he can think of. If someone is stupid enough to answer, that's their problem.

Cops are trained to ask all sorts of questions with no authority to compel answers, because people are liable to answer anyway. And they're also taught to give the impression that they're speaking with authority even when they're not. All of that is legal. In the OP's encounter, the WCO was free to ask the question. He had no power to compel an answer, but he was free to ask. And the OP did a perfectly reasonable thing in giving him the smackdown.

They're crossing the line if they actually violate someone's rights, for example by resorting to force. When the WCO threatened the OP, he was across the line. He deserves to get spanked for it, but probably wouldn't because it's his word against hers what exactly he said to her. If he'd laid hands on her, she could have his ass.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Anyone know what a game officer ( PGC) uniform looks like, DCNR state parks rangers, and the county parks rangers uniforms look like?

Last week I saw a man in a dark brown uniform,a patch on each shoulder, duty belt with not much more than an XD, 2 spare mags and handcuff holder...
    If the patch looked like this, he was a constable:

Constables don't have a specified uniform, and many don't wear a uniform at all.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    (I added the bolding above)
    I've seen this concept of BROAD POWERS suggested more than once in this thread.... and denied in many posts....
    I know I don't have broad powers. Broads don't even give me the time of day.

(runs for cover)

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051