Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Game Officer harassment

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    Not all of us are this way...You wouldn't be getting out of the car if I stopped you. I could careless what anyone is wearing or what they look like and they aren't getting out of the vehicle unless I intend to arrest them.

It doesn't matter if the person is goodlooking or down right fugly- I am an equal opportunity ticketer (and I let ALOT folks off with warnings).
    Well it was over 25 years ago and things where a lot different back then.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    To the other poster that said the WCOs deserved respect: No they don't, just like I don't deserve respect. Just because I put on a uniform doesn't grant me respect. I must EARN it and I try that with each and every encounter. Now having said that last sentence, we all have had bad days and I have treat some folks like shit that didn't deserve it. And yes I felt bad afterwards.

There are some of us out there that are down right toolbags and shouldn't have a badge (hell I work with some!!!) and then there are some of us (yes I like to think that I am one of the groovy ones) that know our shit, love what we do, and treat people with respect.

Anyways, just wanted to add my thoughts on these two comments. Now I need to go get ready for another night time op (starts in 20 minutes...oops over slept)
    You're one of the ones that proves that not all LEO's are bad, thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepyromaniak View Post
    With the same reasoning as to why should she be questioned in the first place, why should he be soft spoken and polite. He is not required to be soft spoken and polite. Same as she was not required to aswer his question. Neither was right in attitude. Neither displayed any candor. Just had a little image in my head. "cop: PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. GET DOWN ON THE GROUND ; ME: NO, YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK ME IN THAT WAY. NOW SAY PLEASE OR IM NOT DOING IT" lol. picturing that with the southpark cop. lol.
    How about, because common courtesy goes both ways. As long as I've not got a gun in my hand, there's no need for any LEO to be barking orders at me.

The one time I was asked, in public if I had a permit, the cops waited until I left the store, and approached me, and asked only loud enough for me to hear them. In fact it was sort of like this:

LEO: "Excuse me sir, can I ask you a question?"

I stop and turn around.

LEO: quieter than before: "Pardon me for asking, but do you have a CPL?"

Now, this officer was not loud and attracting attention, that is, no one else's attention other than mine.

The tree cop who approached Michelle, SHOULD have done the same. Common courtesy works both ways.

"Big Gay Al" Lowe
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    South Park Fan

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by nateebobo View Post
    has anyone ever passed a "animal cop" on the highway at over 80 m.p.h.? i have alot of times, i would almost bet damn near once a month it happens. guess what they dont ever pull me over. wonder why? have they ever pulled anyone over that wasnt just dickin around in the woods or rivers? hmmmm....
    That's because their arrest authority is as follows:
    22 Pa.C.S.A. § 3708

Purdon's Pennsylvania Statutes and Consolidated Statutes Currentness
    Title 22 Pa.C.S.A. Detectives and Private Police

Chapter 37. Humane Society Police Officers

>>§ 3708. Powers and authority; jurisdiction

(a) Authority limited to county of appointment.--An individual appointed as a humane society police officer in accordance with this chapter shall have power and authority to exercise the powers conferred under 18 Pa.C.S. § 5511 (relating to cruelty to animals) in enforcement of animal cruelty laws only within the particular county whose court of common pleas issued the appointment. The individual has no power or authority to exercise the powers conferred under 18 Pa.C.S. § 5511 in any other county whose court of common pleas has not issued an appointment.

(b) Notice to district attorney.--Prior to exercising the power and authority set forth by this chapter within a county, each appointed humane society police officer shall file notice, along with a copy of the appointment granted under this chapter, with the district attorney of the county.

(c) Shield.--Every individual appointed as a humane society police officer under this chapter shall possess a metallic shield with the words "humane society police officer" and the name of the society or association for which the individual is appointed displayed thereon.

(d) Photo identification.--Every individual appointed as a humane society police officer under this chapter shall have a photo identification card issued by the department that contains the following:

(1) A photo of the individual taken within the previous 24 months.

(2) The name of the individual.

(3) The signature of the individual.

(4) The name of the society or association for which the individual is appointed as a humane society police officer.

(5) The address and telephone number of the society or association for which the individual is appointed as a humane society police officer.

(6) The date of issuance of the photo identification card.
    It's very clear what their jurisdiction is.

(Franklin County)

"If you could have arrested me, you would have done it by now"

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Game Officer harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Yes it is posted. Look in the 'What does everyone look like' I think it's on page 100 or 105. somewhere around there
    That's a thread title.

In which forum section is it located?

Quote Originally Posted by BlownNitroPontiac View Post
    What is a bother is when the guy at the Wendy's in King of Prussia demanded to see my license for openly carrying my kirkpan.

Even when I told him that OC of a kirkpan was allowed, he still insisted that I covered it up.
    Don't start this shit again. Don't.

(Philadelphia County)

What is a bother is when the guy at the Wendy's in King of Prussia demanded to see my license for openly carrying my kirkpan.

Even when I told him that OC of a kirkpan was allowed, he still insisted that I covered it up.
    Out of curiosity, if you regularly carry a "kirkpan" as part of your religious practice (rather than just trolling this thread), do you realize that you're spelling it wrong? It's called a "kirpan".
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(York County)

That's a thread title.

In which forum section is it located?

All the way at the bottom, "The Lounge", it's a "stickie"...

http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/12...like-pics.html

Warning: It's a HUGE thread, get ready for a lot of reading/viewing!

ETA: Post #1014, for starters.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; March 29th, 2009 at 01:11 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Out of curiosity, if you regularly carry a "kirkpan" as part of your religious practice (rather than just trolling this thread), do you realize that you're spelling it wrong? It's called a "kirpan".
    he realizes he spelled it wrong; he regularly takes potshots at Sikhism.

(Somerset County)

Well , I just came back from town and passed two PSP cars on the way both officers could clearly see I was operating a vehicle yet neither stopped me to see if I had a license to do so . Guess I am lucky I did not pass a game warden .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast