Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Taking the NFA + GCA seriously

In spite of the penalties for violation of the NFA + GCA, it is getting more difficult to take these laws seriously.

The NFA is based on the Interstate Commerce clause. Yet I have to file a Form-1 and pay $200 for a "Making Tax" to make a suppressor that I have no intention of selling to anyone. The only tenuous connection to Interstate Commerce is the fact that I purchase my raw materials from out of state.

The silencer is completely for personal use. It is not for commercial use but recreational use.

If I intended to do anything criminal, I sure wouldn't be bothering with the existing laws. But being a dumb, honest citizen, I am complying with the law.

The NFA + GCA need to go. I don't see how they pass constitutional muster. And the hassle factor is way above and beyond a simple PICS check when you purchase an ordinary Title 1 firearm.

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Taking the NFA + GCA seriously

There are plenty of things that actually violate the constitution that are still allowed on the books. Many of them using the "commerce clause". Our founding fathers are probably spinning in their graves looking at the mess this country has become.........

(Philadelphia County)

with any luck, they'll rise from their graves, storm dc, and eat the greedy brains of our politicians.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    There are plenty of things that actually violate the constitution that are still allowed on the books. Many of them using the "commerce clause". Our founding fathers are probably spinning in their graves looking at the mess this country has become.........
    Our founding fathers have already loaded up and are trying to dig their way out since we are all a bunch of whining wimps these days..........

(Lehigh County)

well then... the ZRT is going to have allow a certain amount of reckoning by said Founding Zombies prior to dispatching them with head shots and decapitations... (the zombies, I mean... for any DHS/FBI types reading this thread)
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Delaware County)

Well the founding fathers were terrorists...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fudmottin View Post
    Well the founding fathers were terrorists...
    I am sure if they were alive today, the pimps in Washington would agree, and the only photos of them would be hanging on the wall of the post office, not on our currency.

The way things are going, we are going to need another set of founding fathers to get us out of this mess. You can rest assured they will be treated as terrorists, by the ruling class.

(Northampton County)

I'd actually avoid talking about NFA stuff too quickly until we can convert more people to being liberty-minded pro-gun folks. It seems like we're relatively safe from an AWB, but primarily due to political pressure rather than ideological motivation. Yet seeing that only a small minority of Americans cares about, and even a smaller number affected by, restrictions on NFA items, if we raise too much of a fuss about them, it may work to get them banned outright. Especially taking into account the idiots who use the "Well, machineguns and real silencers are already illegal" line in arguing against an AWB. Simply, the people who want to ban "assault weapons" would shit themselves if they knew that real automatic firearms could be bought and sold.

So everyone go find some Democrats, take them to range (and not to hold the targets!), and in a few years let's talk about rolling back the NFA and GCA. Right now the political climate just doesn't support it.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Clearfield County)

I've often wondered how the federal government is even allowed to enforce the NFA and GCA if you were to manufacture your own gun and not transport it across state lines. I've read a lot of supreme court cases about guns, but I don't recall one taking it from that angle. Are there any?

(Northampton County)

With the proper licenses and such you CAN build a FA for your own use. At least that's what Fred told me Fred is a real person, he owns the machine guns we brought to jr high. The fact that he looks like Hitler is a weird coincidence though....wait.....his dad was in the Hitler Youth. Maybe his grandfather WAS Hitler!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast