Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Taking the NFA + GCA seriously

Well how about this then. What are the legal requirements and procedures to challenge the constitutionality of any particular Federal law?

I really do want to take out the NFA + GCA. I just don't have Bill Gates type money or political pull.

The NFA should have gone down during the Miller case. It almost did. But things just got botched. There should be a legal attack that will work or at least has a good chance of working. I think the odds of a repeal by the legislators is highly unlikely. So it seems the best attack is through the judicial system.

I'm still saving my ammo for paper. Those paper beasts are easily startled and attack in great numbers. So suppressed full auto fire is the only way to safely deal with them.

Sometimes the idea of a DIAS in my 300 Whisper makes me drool. It always makes me smile

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by whenheavenfell View Post
    with any luck, they'll rise from their graves, storm dc, and eat the greedy brains of our politicians.
    Now THOSE particular zombies will get a free pass on my watch!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    I'd actually avoid talking about NFA stuff too quickly until we can convert more people to being liberty-minded pro-gun folks. It seems like we're relatively safe from an AWB, but primarily due to political pressure rather than ideological motivation. Yet seeing that only a small minority of Americans cares about, and even a smaller number affected by, restrictions on NFA items, if we raise too much of a fuss about them, it may work to get them banned outright. Especially taking into account the idiots who use the "Well, machineguns and real silencers are already illegal" line in arguing against an AWB. Simply, the people who want to ban "assault weapons" would shit themselves if they knew that real automatic firearms could be bought and sold.

So everyone go find some Democrats, take them to range (and not to hold the targets!), and in a few years let's talk about rolling back the NFA and GCA. Right now the political climate just doesn't support it.
    +1000 to that!

Be careful what you wish for; "we" (NFA fans) tried that tactic in the late 70s/early 80s - all we did was create new customers and competition for the very fixed number of transferable Title II guns in the market.

And we gained no huge shift in pro-NFA sentiment at all. But it did drive prices sky high when some newly-rich dot-com gen-x'r would pay whatever the dealer was asking for that Thompson.

Any more; the less who know about the NFA - the better.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by reels18 View Post
    I am sure if they were alive today, the pimps in Washington would agree, and the only photos of them would be hanging on the wall of the post office, not on our currency.
    Isnt it kind of a big insulting F-U joke to put jackson on a federal reserve note, though?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12