Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Well it finally happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Imo... I think it is there to help prevent the banks from being robbed. It seems they are robbed often. I noticed they move it daily to each of the banks. Obviously if you were planning on robbing a bank and you see the cruiser at one branch, you go to another branch.
    How often are bank robberies/burglaries performed overnight? They usually seem to be stick-up jobs.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Sergeant, quick question: What's the point of parking an empty MT cruiser at various banks around the township over night?
    I can't comment too much on that one but it is a crime prevention program. The overnight thing is a logistics issue.

(Cumberland County)

SergeantS8 I don't know if anyone else has but I would like to take the time to apologize for the rudeness of some members here, I thank you for participating in the forums. While I have my own concerns about police procedure and the law as it relates to individual liberty well beyond the scope of the 2nd amendment issue I appreciate your taking the time to be involved here. While we are all no doubt passionate about liberty it is certainly in our best interests to make friends with those in law enforcement who are on our side on gun issues. The other issues are important, but without the right to keep and bear arms will ultimately be disregarded anyway.

Thanks again.
    MOLON LABE

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHands View Post
    SergeantS8 I don't know if anyone else has but I would like to take the time to apologize for the rudeness of some members here, I thank you for participating in the forums. While I have my own concerns about police procedure and the law as it relates to individual liberty well beyond the scope of the 2nd amendment issue I appreciate your taking the time to be involved here. While we are all no doubt passionate about liberty it is certainly in our best interests to make friends with those in law enforcement who are on our side on gun issues. The other issues are important, but without the right to keep and bear arms will ultimately be disregarded anyway.

Thanks again.
    Thank you. Yes I am on the side of all gun owner rights as provided by this great country. Funny too that today I was dropping off my Harley for repair (worse than I thought....oil leak in a bad spot.....expensive) but I left my bike there unexpectantly and called my dad to pick me up. While waiting another Harley customer roles up on his bike and he is open carrying. I was going to engage him in conversation but he was on his cell phone and my dad pulled up so it was a missed opportunity. Anyway I feel this is a great forum for education and understanding and I plan on reading everything I can here as well as other sites on the topic. Thank you for the welcome. BTW viral video going around with a positive police encounter with an oc'er carrying an mp5 I think it was in Washington or Oregon? Anyway I saw the vid and it looks very professionally handled by a very knowledgable cop.

(Cumberland County)

Your welcome. Its good to have people (no matter their job) who are squarely on the side of gun rights. Hopefully someday the individual liberties guaranteed by our constitution will be restored to their original scope and intent (I won't hold my breath...LOL). Unlike some people I don't find it offensive if someone asks me questions while i'm OC'ing provided that person does not try to treat me like a criminal for doing so. Anytime someone is respectful to me I will do my best to be respectful back, to me that is common courtesy (even if you could argue that they didn't "need" to make contact with you). Unless the officer in question thinks they need to play tough guy or starts off as a dickhead then I have very little problem with a casual conversation with that person. Just my opinion.
    MOLON LABE

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415