Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Armed Robbery in Lancaster City.

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/235589

A man on his way to work early today suddenly found himself looking down the barrel of a robber's gun.

Police said the victim was walking near the intersection of Ruby and First streets around 5 a.m. when two men approached him.

City police Sgt. Todd Umstead said one of the men displayed a gun, then pointed it at the victim's head.

The men, only described as dark-skinned, got away with the man's wallet and an undisclosed amount of money.

Police said the victim was rattled but not physically harmed in any way.
    Related Stories

"He reported the crime roughly about a half an hour after it happened," Umstead said. "He was most likely traumatized."

He said some citizens attempted to chase after the robbers, but they were unable to track the robbers down on foot.

Three hours later, in the vicinity of Franklin and Orange streets, a woman had her purse snatched by a lone robber.

The man walked up to her just after 8 a.m., and grabbed her purse.

Today police said the value of the contents inside the purse was not available.

Police said the robber didn't appear to use a weapon to threaten his victim.

The robber was described as a black male, approximately 5 feet, 10 inches tall and wearing a denim jacket at the time of the robbery.

Witnesses told police that the man was headed east when he ran away from the scene.
    At least the victim is ok.

Default Re: Armed Robbery in Lancaster City.

...one of the men displayed a gun, then pointed it at the victim's head..
    So, say the victim had a gun concealed on his person. What do you do if all of a sudden a gun is at your head? Try and draw and surprise the thug by shooting first? Probably not a good idea...unless you feel he'll hurt or kill you anyway.

Do you let him rob you then shoot him? Not too legal I wouldn't think, unless of course he is still is threatening your life after he got your wallet.

The other BG might have had a gun too...then what?

Of course your situational awareness might have helped you avoid the situation.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    So, say the victim had a gun concealed on his person. What do you do if all of a sudden a gun is at your head? Try and draw and surprise the thug by shooting first? Probably not a good idea...unless you feel he'll hurt or kill you anyway.

Do you let him rob you then shoot him? Not too legal I wouldn't think, unless of course he is still is threatening your life after he got your wallet.

The other BG might have had a gun too...then what?

Of course your situational awareness might have helped you avoid the situation.
    How do you not see someone approaching you 5:00 AM. ? Maybe I am paranoid ??

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I can now see "Saturday- armed robbery attempt foiled at Venice Pizza in Lancaster-crooks eyes bugged out and they wet their panties upon entering the establishment".
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    I can now see "Saturday- armed robbery attempt foiled at Venice Pizza in Lancaster-crooks eyes bugged out and they wet their panties upon entering the establishment".
    LOL now thats funny.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I believe there was a Chinese delivery driver robbed at gunpoint by 3 armed men a few days ago. Gotta be prepared and keep an eye on your surroundings. This could happen to anyone, anytime. Especially in this economy.

Get a cheap money clip, put a ten on the outside, visable and like ten or fifteen ones...use it as a distraction...

Pull it out, throw on ground and beat feet and live to fight another day.

Surprize attacks, ie AMBUSHES, are very hard to defend against by the most highly trained. When the bag guy has the drop on you, get out of the A/O as quickly as possible. Drop decoy money clip and beat feet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Get a cheap money clip, put a ten on the outside, visable and like ten or fifteen ones...use it as a distraction...

Pull it out, throw on ground and beat feet and live to fight another day.

Surprize attacks, ie AMBUSHES, are very hard to defend against by the most highly trained. When the bag guy has the drop on you, get out of the A/O as quickly as possible. Drop decoy money clip and beat feet.
    Couldn't do it. I would end up spending the money. Just to tempting lol...

(Lancaster County)

the area he got robbed in he never should have been in after dark. bad area big time. the woman that got purse snatched was right around the corner from my work. got to love good ole lancaster
    No longer posting

They arrested three kids (this week I think?) for doing stick-ups in the city - two of them were McCaskey kids, the other was an older brother. They were using a pellet gun! During one of the robberies they chased after a guy and fired the BB gun.

Talk about a quick way to die...the good news is the cops said they are charging them all as adults. Don't drop the soap!