Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Gun clubs in or near Elizabethtown?

I hear good things about HHA and it looks great from the website. I also know Middletown has a club and there is one in Colebrook - Conewago or Colebrook club of rt 241. Am I missing any?

I am looking for a family oriented range. I would prefer 25yd for pistol and 100 & 200+yd for old US Service rifles. My son is interested in archery and trying out a fish pond (he's 9).

Any advice or pointers in the right direction or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
    KMAG

Default Re: Gun clubs in or near Elizabethtown?

(Lancaster County)

I missed that posting. Thanks Sharpshooter.

It appears you are familiar with the Milton Grove Club. If so, what distances are the range(s)? Do they have a website for more info? I recall that was a dog training or kennel many years ago. Seems new houses are going in around it now and I hope they are not a problem. (I used to work at Weaber Inc and passed by frequently).

Quote Originally Posted by KMAG View Post
    I missed that posting. Thanks Sharpshooter.

It appears you are familiar with the Milton Grove Club. If so, what distances are the range(s)? Do they have a website for more info? I recall that was a dog training or kennel many years ago. Seems new houses are going in around it now and I hope they are not a problem. (I used to work at Weaber Inc and passed by frequently).
    The board members at the last meeting I attended were entertaining the idea of offering family memberships, but as of now it's $35 per person over 12 per year. Initial fee of $10, so 1st year is $45. Active duty military personnel get free memberships.

The club has pistol ranges at 10, 20 & 50 yards (The lower ranges). Rifle (upper ranges) are 100 & 200 yards respectively with a shotgun patterning range adjacent to them. Slugs only are allowed on rifle/pistol ranges.
    The pond is stocked with trout in the spring, and Mr. Fitzwater (Point of Contact-Hell of a nice guy) says that there's a 40lb catfish in there waiting to be caught. You may keep what you catch as long as it's legal & you must have a current fishing license.

Meetings are usually the last Monday of every month. New members should arrive 30 mins early to fill out registration card, shoot the breeze with members, etc.

Houses are no problem near the club. The shooting rules are very liberal except no shooting allowed until 12pm on Sundays out of respect for the local homeowners.

Hope this helps!

(Lancaster County)

Thanks again. Turns out my buddy Lou is a member of the club and speaks highly of it. I will attend 1 of the next 2 meetings to join