Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default going to a phillies game tonight, can i carry concealed?

Going to a Phillies game tonight and there is nothing on their site that says I can't carry concealed. Anyone know for sure? I've been before and don't remember any real search... Thanks in advance.

Rob

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: going to a phillies game tonight, can i carry concealed?

i was there 2 years ago and was carrying there really wasnt much of a search... and i never saw any signs posted.... just my experiance. dont think many would notice either...

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    i was there 2 years ago and was carrying there really wasnt much of a search... and i never saw any signs posted.... just my experiance. dont think many would notice either...
    Thanks, and as your name implies, that's which friend wants to root on the Phillies tonight!

Rob

(Philadelphia County)

I think they "wand" you, at least for concerts.

Or is that the one in Camden?
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

Interestingly enough, when I arrived at the gate the "search" was a pat down from the front, he put his two hands lightly at 10 and 2 o'clock and said, good. If he had reached around and did a real pat down, I would have been in another situation but I still saw no signs posted and being private property I would assume I'd just not be allowed to enter. Anyways, had a good time at the game!

Thanks for the responses on such a short notice.

Rob

(Chester County)

At the Tweeter center in Camden they pratically rape you. Last time I went to a concert the security dude was actually checking your yam bag area.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
    At the Tweeter center in Camden they pratically rape you. Last time I went to a concert the security dude was actually checking your yam bag area.
    ROFL. Sometimes I put my hands behind my head, and raise my elbows in a relaxed position. That way it looks like they are servicing you
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

ROFL. Sometimes I put my hands behind my head, and raise my elbows in a relaxed position. That way it looks like they are servicing you

Once again you worry me Diego. You really want one of those big morons to service you? I think I'm ill!
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Northampton County)

These are the park rules I got off the Phillies web site. Use your best judgment.

Guest Code of Conduct
    Guests must refrain from conduct that is inconsistent with the fun, family atmosphere that should prevail at Citizens Bank Park and the Citizens Bank Park experience, including but not limited to: interfering with other guests' ability to enjoy the game; using foul or abusive language or gestures; appearing to be in a drunken or diminished capacity; failure to produce a ticket on request or sitting in a seat which is not ticketed; possession of balloons, beach balls, nets or laser pointers; interfering with a ball in play; and throwing objects on or entering the playing field. Violators are subject to ejection and possible arrest.

Alcoholic Beverages
    Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into nor taken out of Citizens Bank Park. Guests may be requested to provide photo I.D. when purchasing alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages may neither be taken into nor out of McFadden's Restaurant & Saloon.

Bags
    Each guest is permitted to bring one bag into the ballpark. Bags can be no larger than 16" x 16" x 8" and will be subject to inspection upon entry in accordance with Major League Baseball security regulations.

Banners & Signs
    1. Composition. Banners and signs must (a) utilize only cloth, paper or other light, flexible materials, rather than be comprised of or supported by wood, metal or other hard materials that could be dangerous in a crowded public setting, (b) not be affixed to or draped over any part of the ballpark structure and (c) be no higher than 4 feet or longer than 8 feet.

2. Display. Banners and signs may be displayed only (a) within the ballpark's seating area, (b) in a stationary manner, (c) so as not to unduly obstruct any person's view of the playing field or interfere with player or umpire sight lines and (d) so as not to obscure ballpark signage. Only one sign or banner may be displayed at any one location.

3. Subject Matter.
    a. Recognizing that Citizens Bank Park is a baseball ballpark and not a forum for public discussion, messages on banners and signs may relate solely to one or more of the following subjects, without any unrelated collateral content whatsoever: (i) the game and institution of major league baseball; (ii) a major league baseball team; (iii) the on-field activities and performance of a major league baseball player, coach or manager; (iv) the acts or omissions of the management and other non-player employees of a major league baseball organization, but only to the extent that such acts or omissions may relate to or affect its team's on- field activities and performance; (v) the entity broadcasting a baseball game played at the ballpark and the acts or omissions of the announcers in doing so; and (v) fans' birthdays, engagements, weddings, anniversaries and health.

b. Additionally, banners and signs may not bear a message that (i) is slanderous, (ii) is obscene, vulgar or indecent and inappropriate for viewing by children, (iii) contains "fighting words" likely to provoke a breach of the peace, (iv) contains commercial advertising or commercial product or service identification, or (v) contains derogatory matter relating to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical handicap, marital status, or age.

4. Removal. The Phillies reserves the right to require the cessation of any display of a banner or sign that does not conform to these limitations.

Bottles, Cans, Coolers
    To ensure the safety of our guests, glass bottles, cans, hard sided coolers, thermoses and open containers may not be brought into the ballpark. Exceptions: baby bottles and single-serve, soft-sided juice containers and soft-sided coolers that do not exceed the 16" x 16" x 8" size requirement.

Cameras/Camcorders
    Hand-held video cameras and still cameras for personal use may be brought into the ballpark, provided no game action is recorded in accordance with Major League Baseball regulations. Please be courteous to those guests around you when taking pictures. Camera cases must fit through the bag template and will be inspected prior to entrance into the ballpark. Tripods and monopods are prohibited.

Cellular Phones & Pagers
    The use of cellular phones and pagers is permitted, provided they do not interfere with another guest's ability to enjoy the game.

Distribution of Materials
    All of the following are expressly prohibited on the private property of Citizens Bank Park or in the parking areas that surround it:
    • Distribution of leaflets or other printed materials.
    • Distribution of products or performing of services, whether for a consideration or free.
    • Taking surveys or otherwise interfering with the free movement of guests.

Foul Balls
    Guests are welcome to keep any foul balls hit into the stands. Please do not interfere with a ball in play, especially those guests sitting at field level. Major League Baseball rules call for the ejection of guests that interfere with a ball in play.

Radios/TVs
    Personal radios and television sets with headphones are permitted inside Citizens Bank Park.

Risks of Baseball
    Guests assume all risks and dangers inherent in and incidental to attending a baseball game, whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the actual play, including but not limited to injury from thrown or batted balls, thrown bats or fragments thereof and spectators' conduct. Accordingly, neither The Phillies nor their opponent nor any of their respective players nor the City of Philadelphia nor their respective employees, independent contractors and agents shall in any way be liable therefore. Guests must be vigilant at all times and must recognize the many elements that can distract their attention from the game, including but not limited to the video boards and scoreboards and the activities of the Phillie Phanatic and others.

Smoking
    Citizens Bank Park is primarily a smoke-free facility. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. As shown on the ballpark directory and maps, these areas include certain entryways, stairwells and landings. Smoking is prohibited in the seating bowl, concourses, Ashburn Alley, restrooms and in all premium seating areas.

Strollers
    Fold-up strollers should be stored under your seat during the game. If you have a stroller that does not fold up, please check it at Guest Services located behind Section 122 on the Main Concourse and behind Section 318 on the Terrace Level.

Tailgating
    Tailgating is only permitted in the parking area south of Zinkoff Boulevard that borders the Wachovia Center.

Umbrellas
    Umbrellas are permitted inside Citizens Bank Park. Please be considerate of guests around you when using an umbrella.
    NRA member
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

(Chester County)

I was searching on the same question, and thought I'd bring some updated info for anyone doing the same. From the, apparently updated since 2007, code of conduct, and directly under the umbrellas section:

Weapons
    Firearms, weapons, knives, tasers and other dangerous or hazardous devices or substances (collectively "weapons") are prohibited at Citizens Bank Park, unless carried by an on-duty police officer or otherwise expressly approved by The Phillies. Anyone bringing such a weapon to the premises should return it to their vehicle immediately or check it at the Police Room/Command Center before entering the ballpark.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast