Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Carrying in NY and NJ?

Hey guys, I ahve had my carry permit for PA for a while now but occasionally I travel to NY or NJ, and I have to lave my gun at home, I want to get a carry permit for both NY and NJ, but from what I read so far on NY laws you cant gte a permit to carry if you dont live there? I read somewhere if you ahve a permit from another state you cna keep your gun unloaded in the trunk or locked container while travelign through, but thats it, I didnt even look into NJ yet but I know its going to be a nighmare to get one there, anyway I wanted to know if any of you guys have your permit to carry in NY or NJ or both, and what you needed to do to get it?

I just figure if I carry my gun everywhere I go murphys law is Ill need it the one day Im in NY when I dont have it, you know...I am an honest law abidding citizen and want to carry my gun in both states legally, I dont care how long it will take or what I have to do to obtain the proper permits, I just want to know what steps I ahve to take?

Default Re: Carrying in NY and NJ?

You will not get a new jersey permit. Years back, I retired cop (evesham township pd) friend could not get a jersey permit. When going to NJ or NY, leave your Pa weapons at home. Not the answer you wanted but the one that will keep you from fighting a felony charge.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerylover View Post
    Hey guys, I ahve had my carry permit for PA for a while now but occasionally I travel to NY or NJ, and I have to lave my gun at home, I want to get a carry permit for both NY and NJ, but from what I read so far on NY laws you cant gte a permit to carry if you dont live there? I read somewhere if you ahve a permit from another state you cna keep your gun unloaded in the trunk or locked container while travelign through, but thats it, I didnt even look into NJ yet but I know its going to be a nighmare to get one there, anyway I wanted to know if any of you guys have your permit to carry in NY or NJ or both, and what you needed to do to get it?

I just figure if I carry my gun everywhere I go murphys law is Ill need it the one day Im in NY when I dont have it, you know...I am an honest law abidding citizen and want to carry my gun in both states legally, I dont care how long it will take or what I have to do to obtain the proper permits, I just want to know what steps I ahve to take?
    In both NY and NJ, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to get an unrestricted carry permit even if you do live there. If you live in NY, there is a remote chance of getting an unrestricted carry permit if you live in a more rural county and you are good friends with a judge. In NJ, forget it completely.

Hmm . . . You want to know what to do in order to be allowed to carry lawfully in NJ and NY . . . apply for one of these jobs:

http://www.fbijobs.gov/032.asp

(Monroe County)

You could also become a police officer or a state constible, I'm pretty sure you can CC in all 50 states then.

Ok guys, I guess Ill have to explore other weapon options then, thanks for the replies...I mean I carry a blade (at least oen usually more) on me at all tiems and are very familiar with knife laws in both states, but a blade cant help me at distance...anyway thanks again for the replies Ill just give up on it then, lol...and try to stay in PA the "freedom" state, lol

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit96 View Post
    You could also become a police officer or a state constible, I'm pretty sure you can CC in all 50 states then.
    On the topic of 50 state carry I saw this

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...p?A=5&Q=159708

Would that qualify for LEOSA??

(Berks County)

So there is no possible way to carry into NJ at all?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunlove View Post
    Not unless you know some important people there!

P.S. arise zombie thread! Come celebrate Zombie Jesus day with us!!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunlove View Post
    The answer for NY, Chicago, Washington DC, NJ, MD, and HI is absolutely NO.

Anywhere else there is an alternative means to carry something somehow whether by reciprocity, nonresident permit that you can actually get, constitutional carry, unlicensed open carry, unloaded open carry, unloaded case carry, or unloaded rifle/shotgun carry. It all depends on the other states' laws. Like outside of Chicago in a nonrestrictive municipality unloaded cased(not holstered, CASED) handguns can be carried.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerylover View Post

I hate to say this, but

DREAM ON!!!!

THose are two of the most anti-gun states next to illinoise there is. There is probably a better chance of barack Obama being considered a patriot than getting a permit there unless you are politically connected or law enforcement.

We all technically have the ability to carry anywhere we want per the second amendment. Sadly most courts refuse to see that so we are stuck with their infringement on our rights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast