Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: AR-15 stripped lower MUST be registered as a handgun - Legal issues?

yea i know what you mean. However i am just repeating what i was told.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: AR-15 stripped lower MUST be registered as a handgun - Legal issues?

I know this really doesn't contribute anything constructive to the discussion at hand BUT

THIS IS GETTING FLAT OUT NUCKIN FUTS!!!

Atleast saying it makes me feel better

So if PICS is reading the change on 4473 for an AR receiver so that it has to have an SP4-113 done on it then it is obvious that they are thinking or planning the same thing for factory pistol grip equipt. shotguns because the way the new 4473 reads they can only be sold to persons 21 or over? It seems only logical to me that PICS will now concider them a pistol!

Rich W.

(Schuylkill County)

Shakey we were told the same thing by the Lieutenant, that his Boss the Gov. has decided that AR fit their definition the same way a Thompson contender or Encore as readily convertible to a handgun.SHOOT THE MESSAGE NOT THE MESSENGERS
    Last edited by pfridirici; March 30th, 2009 at 03:24 PM.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by pfridirici View Post
    Shakey we were told the same thing by the Lieutenant, that his Boss the Gov. has decided that AR fit their definition the same way a Thompson contender or Encore as readily convertible to a handgun.SHOOT THE MESSAGE NOT THE MESSENGERS
    Too bad (actually, it's good) the governor doesn't have the authority to actually make that decision.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(York County)

So now, Let me get this straight.
    According to this legalesse logic.

Savage 110's are to be put onto the hangun form, 'cause of the Stryker handgun Savage made. You can quite easaly pull the barrel and add the stock.
    ALSO, they readily sell semi-stripped lowers through all their distributors.

Ruger now has the 10/22 rifle and a Handgun version. And clone stripped frames are made by many.
    Remington had the XP series based off a long-gun.
    Weatherby did it also.

So, using this PICS logic, All Longuns are handguns in some form, so Handgun forms for all...

I think our state and federal Congress critters should be hearing about this.
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bowanna View Post
    So now, Let me get this straight.
    According to this legalesse logic.

Savage 110's are to be put onto the hangun form, 'cause of the Stryker handgun Savage made. You can quite easaly pull the barrel and add the stock.
    ALSO, they readily sell semi-stripped lowers through all their distributors.

Ruger now has the 10/22 rifle and a Handgun version. And clone stripped frames are made by many.
    Remington had the XP series based off a long-gun.
    Weatherby did it also.

So, using this PICS logic, All Longuns are handguns in some form, so Handgun forms for all...

I think our state and federal Congress critters should be hearing about this.
    Your logic is close but slightly overboard even to PICS.

However with thier line of thinking. A stripped model 12 receiver from savage that could definatel be used for building a stryker pistol would have to go on an SP4-113 but a complete rifle shipped from the factory wouldn't need to be.

I haven't heard anything from them (even during our discussion last week) about fully assemble rifles needing to go on the SP4-113. The way they explained it to me was that stripped receivers need to go on SP4-113 because they haven't actually been built yet and they "could" be built into either a rifle or handgun.

Rich W.

(Luzerne County)

Well, I just got home and did not get more than 5mins to myself today so I'll have to try again tomorrow

Basically, neither the good lieutenant nor Fast Eddie have any authority to change UFA definitions and tell dealers to violate clear statute (6111). And there is nothing in 6111 about converting anything to a handgun. And a never assembled rcvr is NOT a handgun.

Maybe a lawsuit a/la SSN# lawsuit is in order.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Well, I just got home and did not get more than 5mins to myself today so I'll have to try again tomorrow

Basically, neither the good lieutenant nor Fast Eddie have any authority to change UFA definitions and tell dealers to violate clear statute (6111). And there is nothing in 6111 about converting anything to a handgun. And a never assembled rcvr is NOT a handgun.

[B]Maybe a lawsuit a/la SSN# lawsuit is in order.[B/]
    Time to nip this thing in the ass BEFORE it gets out of control! You know how to get ahold of me, I'm with you 100% on this. If we let this rest, we will soon see EVERY gun sold in Pa. going on nonexistant registration data base.

Rich W.

(Schuylkill County)

It seems that is what they are pushing for.

(Schuylkill County)

Just sold A/R and complied with PSP . Question 50 on SP4-113 "DOES THIS PURCHASE INVOLVE A PISTOL OR REVOLVER WITH A BARREL LENGTH OF LESS THAN 15 INCHES,A SHOTGUN WITH A BARREL LENGTH LESS THAN 18 INCHES, A RIFLE WITH A BARREL LENGTH OF LESS THAN 16 INCHES, OR A FIREARM WITH AN OVERALL LENGTH OF LESS THAN 26 INCHES? IF YES (complete blocks 51-55) IF NO (No information Required). Well guess what no information was required.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast