Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you inform a LEO during a traffic stop your carrying?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 17.80%
  • No

69 58.47%
  • Undecided till pulled over, no past experiences.

28 23.73%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Inform or not to inform LEO during stop

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Inform or not to inform LEO during stop

I voted no, but an exception would be if I were removed from the vehicle for a pat down. In this case, where I had a high expectation of inevitable discovery, I would announce first.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Cumberland County)

not unless ask.

I had to post undecided because, in Ohio I have to notify, while in Pa. I do not.

I have both my Oh, CHL, and my Pa. LTCF, I am in both states on a weekly, if not daily basis.

Given my druthers I would have to go with Pa. the less intrusion on me that is required by the state the better.

By the way, we are required to inform during any official police encounter, and our Oh. CHL is connected to our drivers licence, and the licence plate of any vehicle registered in our name. This, and the fact that we are required to notify, has led some misinformed LEO's in our state to chastise people who do not inform when they are not in possession of a firearm.

As far as firearm laws, and personal protection are concerned, Pa. beats Oh all to hell, as to the rest of the laws concerning transportation of a firearm and such, Oh. is in my view, better than Pa.
    Will I really care if LE later catch the guy who killed me ?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post
    not unless ask.
    If your not going to inform why informed when asked?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kurt 10/22 View Post
    I had to post undecided because, in Ohio I have to notify, while in Pa. I do not.

I have both my Oh, CHL, and my Pa. LTCF, I am in both states on a weekly, if not daily basis.

Given my druthers I would have to go with Pa. the less intrusion on me that is required by the state the better.

By the way, we are required to inform during any official police encounter, and our Oh. CHL is connected to our drivers licence, and the licence plate of any vehicle registered in our name. This, and the fact that we are required to notify, has led some misinformed LEO's in our state to chastise people who do not inform when they are not in possession of a firearm.

As far as firearm laws, and personal protection are concerned, Pa. beats Oh all to hell, as to the rest of the laws concerning transportation of a firearm and such, Oh. is in my view, better than Pa.
    I think if we had a "stand your own ground" law and could revamp some of the dis qualifiers we would have almost perfect laws.

Edited to add:

Now if we could only get LEO's DCNR, and Judges legislating from the bench to enforce them how they are in the UFA, not based on illegal ordinances and city law.
    Last edited by Fraggle09027; March 24th, 2009 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle09027 View Post
    I think if we had a "stand your own ground" law and could revamp some of the dis qualifiers we would have almost perfect laws.

Edited to add:

Now if we could only get LEO's DCNR, and Judges legislating from the bench to enforce them how they are in the UFA, not based on illegal ordinances and city law.
    Yep, that was my point, I live only 15 minutes from the Pa., Oh. border, and if we could have the best of both worlds, that would be great. But then I guess if we could have all that, then 2a loving Americans all over the U.S. would want what we do, or do not have.

(sarcasm on), Man would that suck, a bunch of law abiding citizens of the United States, all being held to one inalienable LAW. Wait, They tried that, and apparently some of the other citizens do not agree with the rest of us.

You know the agreement of which I speak, the constitution of the United States of America.

Man, if we could only get something like that going again, this whole country would be a better place.(sarcasm off)

I can dream, can't I ?
    Will I really care if LE later catch the guy who killed me ?

(Schuylkill County)

Never been pulled over while carrying, but i would would say more then likely no. unless a law gets passed saying i have to no i wont,

(Lackawanna County)

I voted NO. From personal experience, I was pulled over once for going though a yellow/RED light. I informed PSP officer, he asked what and where. I replied CZ40P in my armpit. He said "Keep it there, and we'll be OK" He came back in five mins with my $110 ticket. He said "Have a nice day", and I was on my way.

Next time I clam up.

(Dauphin County)

I voted YES, but only under the condition the officer inquires during the TS.

Otherwise, after reading about experiences here, I think it's best if kept "out of sight, out of mind".

However, if I'm OCing and the officer hasn't already spotted the gun on my hip, I'd probably hand him my LTCF along with DL, Reg., Ins., etc.

JMHO. YMMV.

-38SnubFan

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast