Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default high prices in the pafoa classifieds

i feel everyone has the right to make a buck. but i cant help but get that angry sick feeling when i look in the classified section and see someone with one post who just joined selling a yugo under folder for over 1000 or wasrs for 800 plus. i know the price of everything is up but these prices are crazy. some are more then what the knuckle heads at the shows and local shops want. sorry for the rant. i will step off the soap box now.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: high prices in the pafoa classifieds

they can ask whatever price they want

the part that has me reaching for the neg-rep button is this:
    Removed by staff. Rules prohibit discussing classifieds adds, please do not copy adds to general forum to circumvent rules. ~Staff
    bold added

thanks for adding fuel to the fire jackass !

yes, I most certainly will neg-rep in the classifieds.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; March 24th, 2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Removed silliness

Quote Originally Posted by rgb03 View Post
    i feel everyone has the right to make a buck. but i cant help but get that angry sick feeling when i look in the classified section and see someone with one post who just joined selling a yugo under folder for over 1000 or wasrs for 800 plus. i know the price of everything is up but these prices are crazy. some are more then what the knuckle heads at the shows and local shops want. sorry for the rant. i will step off the soap box now.
    capitalism is what it is, buying low and selling high. The buyer makes the distinction whether the price is reasonable or not. You as a buyer have made the choice that it's a bad deal - others may say "OMG he's actually got what Im looking for on sale - im taking it!"

Sometimes the market has an easy fix for this - buying elsewhere. But this is supply and demand. Demand is high, supply is low - price fluctuates accordingly.

Noone forces anyone to buy anything so if someone wants to ask to much and leave it sit and sit thats up to them.

My problem is the people with no posts coming on and doing it, i'd like to see a rule to where users with 0 posts can't come on and start trying to sell. I thought there was one, but I had reported a few and nothing was ever done about it so I assume I was wrong on that.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    Noone forces anyone to buy anything so if someone wants to ask to much and leave it sit and sit thats up to them.

My problem is the people with no posts coming on and doing it, i'd like to see a rule to where users with 0 posts can't come on and start trying to sell. I thought there was one, but I had reported a few and nothing was ever done about it so I assume I was wrong on that.
    yeah, no 0 post rule.
    last time it was brought up i believe Dan's take on it was that maybe they come here to sell something, and hopefully they stick around and one day become active.

(Montgomery County)

My wife sells on ebay. Very often she'll sell something used for more than what it would sell for new. She's not asking these prices, it's just what people bid.
    People are crazy.

(Delaware County)

it's been discussed many times on here about people posting in the classifieds with almost no posts..Dan, the site owner, has voiced his stance on it and that's that.

people can ask what they want for THEIR stuff..if you don't like the price, then move on...

I always make my prices a few bucks less than what they're going for in the store.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post

+1 my problem is not what they ask. i have most of what i want and if i dont want it i move on. my problem is the people coming here just to try to sell there high priced goods. i guess that some could already be members here but open another account so they dont look like a dick.
    great now i gotta go and get the tin foil hat. everyone is out to get me

(Luzerne County)

You have got to be kidding me...

1) If you don't like the price. Laugh and move on
    2) If you don't like the sales pitch, Laugh and move on.
    3) The rules of the site include(ed) no comments in the classifieds. The reason was exactly crapola like this. People were unable to control themselves and follow the rules so replies to classifieds were disabled.
    4) Do NOT drag peoples classifieds posts out into the general discussion forum.

Neg rep for a classifieds post? Good grief. Get a hobby

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie