Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: WTF, JUST HAPPENED!!!

Sounds like they're trying to exploit an opportunity to make a distraction. Anything other than "okay, okay, so you don't want any more gun control, we hear you". They find feigned horror much more useful politically and can turn it around on us. It's simple political posturing.

If it hadn't been the lynching handbill, it would have been something else, real or imagined.

(Lancaster County)

Lightbulb Re: WTF, JUST HAPPENED!!!

Anyone who is any kind of scholar, or who has read extensively about our nation's history or hopefully anyone who's a state representative has heard the quote by Thomas Jefferson-

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I can't speak for the guys with the sign-

What I feel they meant was Rep. Cruz's career should be sacrificed on the "tree of liberty" for treasonous acts. I highly doubt they wrote it as some kind of racist effigy.

There were African Americans and persons of various ethnicities in attendance. No one voiced any opposition to the banner which appeared a couple of times during the event.

While I agree they should vehemently oppose such a banner if it's intent was to spur any physical attack against anyone, I believe the Black Caucus knows full well they are grasping at straws to take the banner that far out of context. Nobody was there to promote any message of racism.

These guy's banner was poorly worded and ill-considered, but I would be surprised if they get charged with a crime.

Their jack-ass sign stole our thunder - What they should get is maybe a swift kick in the ass.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by T Durdin View Post

I can't speak for the guys with the sign-...
    Agreed, I suspect more rational folks realize it wasn't meant literally. I would be more concerned if this emotion & histrionics came from a pro-gun supporter in Harrisburg, rather than a Philadelphia-based prevaricator.

We should just be thankful they didn't refer to him as a "nappy headed ho"
    And of course it wasn't meant literally , we know that and so do they , however why would someone unconcerened with our right to bear arms care about the right to free speech?

(Cambria County)

This is great, ya'll want to attack someone for exercising their First Amendment rights at a Second Amendment rally? Are you fucking serious?

I see, so the Bill of Rights is important, but only when it applies to things YOU like/enjoy/support/desire and only when it positively affects you or your aims? I mean, if a gun owner speaking their mind in a non-criminal way somehow makes you look bad as a gun owner, then apparently your image or feelings are more important than their rights?

Give me a break. I'm sorry, I normally try to be polite, but you hypocrites really piss me off. The Bill of Rights is a package deal, you're either for liberty or not; there is no such thing as half-way free.

I hate the KKK, I don't agree with what they say, but to paraphrase Voltaire, I'll defend their right to the death to say it.

I swear, some people really need to get with the program and start thinking in terms of liberty and not hijacking support for a right in order to support their hobbies.

This whole 'I like guns so I support the Second Amendment' shit has got to stop or we're only spinning our wheels here. The Second Amendment isn't about guns, it's about freedom; embrace that or get out of the damn way.

I'd like to buy that guy a beer personally, it's a good historical reference. If he really wanted to offend, he could have used "feed the hogs" though.
    Last edited by NineseveN; April 25th, 2007 at 12:51 AM.

(Allegheny County)

nineseven, it has nothing to do with what gun owners feel about the sign, it's the fact that the antis will use this as ammo against all gun owners. you need to look past the facts, as the libs and media do, and imagine what the headlines will read. as sad as that sounds, its the current state of affairs.

(Allegheny County)

it coulda been worse... They coulda said they were gonna shoot him, and that would have been well... a lot worse.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    nineseven, it has nothing to do with what gun owners feel about the sign, it's the fact that the antis will use this as ammo against all gun owners. you need to look past the facts, as the libs and media do, and imagine what the headlines will read. as sad as that sounds, its the current state of affairs.
    I don't care what the headlines read, that's his right to free speech. You, apparently care more about headlines than you do about rights. You can spin that anyway you want it, that doesn't change the premise of your argument.

Hell, we might as well all turn in our black rifles and handguns, I mean, look past the facts, as the libs and media do, and imagine what the headlines will read. as sad as that sounds, its the current state of affairs. As gun owners, we need to be more concerned with our image and the headlines than our rights, get rid of your black rifles and handguns, otherwise we'll be called "terrorists" and scary people who own "assault weapons" and we'll be linked to people like Cho and Harris and Klebold, gangbangers and other murderers.

Sorry, but that dog doesn't hunt.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    it coulda been worse... They coulda said they were gonna shoot him, and that would have been well... a lot worse.
    Well, that's entirely different, it's a threat, which is not supported by the First Amendment; the use or abuse of freedoms within criminal intent are not protected.

(Allegheny County)

sorry to say it, but the headlines are probably whats bound to determine our rights one day.

more headlines like that=more people on the anti gun bandwagon=more politicians voting against my rights.

if myself and others didnt care about what others think about gun owners, i would have lost a lot more of my rights already

i call it reality. YMMV, and i dont wish to argue it, thats my take on it.
    Last edited by Justin; April 25th, 2007 at 02:43 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast