Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SS# on PA forms

(Chester County)

Default SS# on PA forms

Anybody buy a handgun recently? After the ruling do we have to put our SS # the handgun form or the app for a LTCF? Thanks

I would say yes...on the 4473 form...it says SSN is optional, but it's not...When I worked for French Creek...every firearm sold had to have SSN or else we would not process the paperwork. Same goes for Seneca Arms, Tanners and every gun shop I have purchased from...since moving to the area. The most number of firearms I bought in one day was 3...and another 2 a couple of days later. The BATF didn't come knocking at my door, so I figured I am alright...for now.
    Last edited by aubie515; August 10th, 2006 at 10:49 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz
    Anybody buy a handgun recently? After the ruling do we have to put our SS # the handgun form or the app for a LTCF? Thanks
    It's not required by law, but it makes it easier for them to properly identify you, especially if you have a common name. That's my understanding at least.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Westmoreland County)

The last purchase I made wasn't a hand gun .it was a rifle at wallmart I Did not put my ssn on the form. But when the girl called the back ground check in she started to write my ssn on the form. when she got off the phone I asked her how she got it. And she said they gave it to her on the phone.so Whats up with that?

(Allegheny County)

My understanding is that it is required for a handgun purchase and optional for a long gun.

(Bucks County)

Default Ss # On Pa. Forms

Mark from Ready Aim Fire -- The Social Security # is required on the Pa. State Police form -- it is read back to you when the application is called in to NICS check along with all other info on the application - On the ATF form it is an option - but I usually ask for the customer to fill it in - never had a customer say no - Again it is read back to you when it is called in - sooooooo thats how the girl at Wal Martian knew.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark McDermott
    Mark from Ready Aim Fire -- The Social Security # is required on the Pa. State Police form -- it is read back to you when the application is called in to NICS check along with all other info on the application - On the ATF form it is an option - but I usually ask for the customer to fill it in - never had a customer say no - Again it is read back to you when it is called in - sooooooo thats how the girl at Wal Martian knew.

Ok good to know. Thanks.