Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default found a new outdoor range

I have no connection with this place other than I liked it and will prob join one day.

I went to an open house/NRA day over the weekend at a range in Elmer NJ of all places. The place was recently purchased 9 months ago and is still in the process of getting up and running. I met with Kenny the owner (OC's a nice glock) and got a tour. I really liked Kenny and if his personality is a reflection on how this place is to be run, I see it being a very decent place to go shoot. He is the quiet professional type and is a walking wealth of information. His background is former marine and current police in VA. I got the impression there is much more to his background but I didn't ask. Other than an indoor air gun range, snack bar and pro shop everything is outdoors. They have a massive amount of land and have several multi lane ranges. Several shorter ranges for handguns and several large ranges for rifle. 150 yard ranges with no caliber restrictions. The backstops looked to be dirt mounds for now. Shredded tires are in the works and I was shown the massive piles of tire bits that need to be moved into place. They run a hot range if that's of interest to you. You have to walk downrange and hang your targets.
    They offer several classes to civies and many more to mill and merc type folks. The classes are priced around 150 and up and can be several days long. They have a shoot house that looked decent and have the ability to run simunitions and or paintball. Speaking of which I guess the place used to be all paintball as they have massive fields set up and running if that's your thing.
    I wonder if you could run simunitions instead of paintballs? That would certainly be a little more intense than paintball.
    Everyone I met that day was more than pleasant and professional. Being from PA and not up on my crazy NJ laws we didn't even bring any ammo with us. I was told they are still waiting on their FFL so they couldn't sell us any but they GAVE us a box to shoot with for the day. Talk about customer service.
    Fee for the year was 400 or 25 a day. Not too bad considering what the indoor ranges are charging per hour.
    Overall I thought it was a very good place to go shoot, especially for high powered rifle. Staff was friendly and not the old cranky gun store clerk type. Price was right and the accomodations seem to only be improving.
    Maybe we could work on a group shoot there or something.
    www.harborsiteusana.com

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: found a new outdoor range

I've had nothing but positive experiences at Harborsite USANA. The staff is professional and courteous, and the ranges are well maintained.

Only drawback is that it is in NJ. State law says no mags that hold over 15 rounds, and no guns that are on the banned list. So no fun stuff like ARs