Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default A sign of our times: Post your W*M ammo shelf photos, if you dare ...

I'm not encouraging anyone to get into trouble in your local Wal*Mart, but I couldn't help myself this afternoon on the way back from temple. Besides that, my buddy who works there said that it didn't matter, as I was hardly taking a picture of anything in the first place.

Left side, right side, ain't much there, as you can see. I did hear that four or five 250 round boxes of UMC .45 ACP came in on Friday, got put out on the shelf, and then went out the door with one happy customer not fifteen minutes later.

This is a sellers' market, for sure.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: A sign of our times: Post your W*M ammo shelf photos, if you dare ...

Looks just like our walmart . SAD
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Default Re: A sign of our times: Post your W*M ammo shelf photos, if you dare ...

I stopped and bought 4 boxes of .308 that they had today, haven't seen .45acp in a while. glad I bought some a while back when they had them
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Allegheny County)

Funny. I was going to do the same thing with the photo of the empty shelves. Both W-marts I was in yesterday looked EXACTLY like that and I started to take a pic w/my cell phone, but changed my mind.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Monroe County)

looks exactly the same here in NEPA, last i went they had 3 boxes of .357 sig, and some CCI .22 and that was about it.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

I was at the Super Walmart next to the Rockvale Outlets in Lancaster and the shelves looked about the same. .22lr, a few random boxes of larger rifle rounds and then shotguns shells.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Monroe County)

Well you guys actually got me watching this now so while at the E.Burg WM last night I took a look and sure enough not a single round of pistol ammo to be found.

The occasional box of 30/30 4 or 5 boxes of 30/06 ONE bulk box of 22/250 and a couple dozen boxes of 22lr.

It looks to me like people are even starting to hoard the std. everyday Remington rifle ammo because even that was thin and I know for fact the warehouses are still pretty well stocked on it.

Rich W.

f I were a deer or a black bear I would be living large once the really good weather breaks, because one thing is obvious from these ammo sales and all the .30 caliber soft point still sitting on the shelves: man is not arming himself to pursue game, now is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Warners Surplus View Post
    Well you guys actually got me watching this now so while at the E.Burg WM last night I took a look and sure enough not a single round of pistol ammo to be found.

The occasional box of 30/30 4 or 5 boxes of 30/06 ONE bulk box of 22/250 and a couple dozen boxes of 22lr.

It looks to me like people are even starting to hoard the std. everyday Remington rifle ammo because even that was thin and I know for fact the warehouses are still pretty well stocked on it.

Rich W.
    I think people are just stocking up now indeed - for the simple matter of that it may be more expensive tomorrow. Mil calibers have always been more popular buys than hunting ammo King, but I'd say some people have the right idea.

Personally as I've noted in a couple of these threads I am setting myself up for loading my own. I finally picked up 1.5k small rifle primers, and some H322 powder to start with. I just need a good set of starter 9mm dies, and to find the lee pacesetter's in .223 (since it has the crimp die in it).

I spent a couple hours yesterday sorting my .223 brass by headstamp, I have mostly LC, WCC, FC cases.

Oddly enough I have some norinco brass where the primers are crimped in 3 places, I haven't looked deep enough to know if they're not going to take the standard primers or not.

(Allegheny County)

On Saturday, the Wal-Mart in Robinson had 9 boxes of 45ACP and a bunch of 40S&W.

After I left they didn't have more 45ACP.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast