Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

i own the 40cal the 380 and the 9mm carbine i love them the 380 is my personal defense gun carry it every where you can rapid fire them or not shoot them at all exceeded my expectations my 40 cal has had about 3000 rounds run thru it but still functions flawlesly

I know a guy who had one and he said it was garbage and would jam all the time.

I laughed and asked him to come to the range. I knew what the problem was though.
    He pulled out some wwb.

I gracefully removed them from him and slid him what was left of my cci ammo. No issues. remington, no issues.

The mentality of the cheap gun is that you want to feed it cheap ammo, isnt always the case however.

(Lawrence County)

Funny. Mine runs great on WWB.

But really.....this is no different from any other auto. Find what it likes and feed it.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

Anyone out there had to call upon that H.P. lifetime warranty? Just curious what the experience was like.

I can imagine the letter to lycanthrope:

"The problem was corrected after we scrubbed the springs of something that smelled faintly of cat feces... we recommend a flea dip every 6 months at this point for your High Point"

Hope they don't scrape off the rhinestones.
    The .303 British Rifle Cartridge: Killing assorted savages, heathens, maneating lions, and Nazis, worldwide, since 1889.

They go "bang." For the money, you can't ask for much more.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    They go "bang." For the money, you can't ask for much more.

How about they go "bang" when you most need them to?

Just sayin! hehe

(Chester County)

A friend of mine has 2 of them, the full sized .40S&W and a compact 9mm. He likes them well enough. He's had zero problems and they hit what he aims at.

I haven't had a chance to fire them yet.
    Μολὼν λάβε

I have a c-9. It has never failed me. If you like looks then buy another brand, but if you want something affordable,reliable and shoots good buy a HiPoint. I would recommend them to anybody. That's my opinion .............
    Ruger SR1911/SR9/Glock 19

(Erie County)

My friend Bob has the 380COMP and it's one of the straightest shooters I've ever shot. Granted, it feels like you're holding a sheet-metal brick in your hand and it only has a single stack magazine...and plastic grips... and the ugliest look on a firearm since the GLOCK....

Good evening, For what the High Point 9MM compact is it fuctions very well. I see alot of threads comparing it to Sig, HK, Glock etc but I feel that those people are comparing apples to oranges. The Hi Point is a very inexpensive unit with stamped parts. It is indeed heavy and somewhat bulky (More of an issue for small framed individuals). As far as reliability it functions very well as long as you use good ammo. Stick with FMJ and you will limit jams to 2 or 3 per every 150. AT 10 yards(average distance for a self defense situation) you can get 4 inch grouping once the sights are dailed in. This is more than adequete for a home defense event. True enough what many have said here about the marque brands functioning better than the high point unit but for someone on a budget this is an excellent bedside weapon. If price is an issue as some of you have alluded consider this. What would you have the buyer on a budget do if he cannot afford 500.00 to 750.00 for a higher quaility weapon.... throw rocks? I bought one of these just due to the price with the logic being"If it works at all I got my monies worth". I have been very surprised with the units performance. I have adjusted to the additional bulk and find it a very competent weapon. Will I use it as my bedside...No. I use my Detonics for that unless time permits me to grab my model 500 tactical but I firmly feel that being on a budget should not preclude anyone from self defense options such as a firearm. I think that telling someone in that position to "wait until you can afford a higher quality handgun" is silly. Why don't you just tell that person that they don't deserve to de able to defend themselves until they can afford it. Isn't that what many of you are really saying??

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast