Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

I bought a 9mm carbine cheap, used from a buddy for $75 with the red dot. It serves its purpose as a range gun that is fun to shoot with cheap ammo. It isn't pretty, but functions fine and is fairly accurate. In my opinon, it was $75 well spent.
    Jules

(Westmoreland County)

Thank goodness there are manufacturers like High Point. They make a reasonably accurate budget weapon that does not jam every time the trigger is pressed. Some of folks are familiar with Lorcin. They sold affordable guns that don't work. Somehow, that seems like fraud. High Point sells affordable guns that do work.

I don't own one. I've always been able to afford better fit and finish. That makes me a lucky guy. But a lot of people aren't as fortunate. The High Point pistols will give them the protection they need at a price they can afford.

I've shot them a few times on the range. None of them has failed to go bang. Accuracy was o.k. Overall, I think they deserve a thumbs up.
    Never underestimate the value of early training.

I am NOT a hi-point owner , however it wasn't too long ago when a local shop sold the 9mm for 99 dollars and they sold them by the truck load. I met very many people with these guns at a local range where I spent my time and never did I come across a person face to face to was unhappy with theirs.
    Put aside the fact they don't cost as much as most new guns and set aside the fact they are butt ugly and you have a simple blow back operated pistol with decent accuracy and reliability.
    Now as to the question of would I trust my life to one ..... well , if by that you mean would I trust my life to a pistol that fires every time and hits what I point it at? Sure I would

(Allegheny County)

This is interesting, I know several people online who have purchased the hi point 45's and 40's and have heard nothing but complaints including FTFs and FTEs as well as general accuracy issues. Have they changed their models lately or anything?

I want to thank everyone for their input on the firearm, it seems that I have some things to think about. I would also like to mention that this website is awesome. Me being a new gun owner, I have met a LOT of intelegent people that know a lot about the sport. I thank you guys and hope to meet you in a range sometime. Thanks for everything.
    Last edited by lvfcfirefighter; April 25th, 2007 at 08:12 AM.

(Columbia County)

Thumbs up Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

I own the HI-Point 9mm carbine and I love it for plinking and fun at the range, its accurate and just plain fun to shoot with a red dot. My roommate has a compact 9mm from HI-Point and after about 1000 rounds it has yet to jam on anything weve fed it. That being said, I did also buy used an older model .45jcp model and I had nothing but jamming issues with it. Herein lies the beauty of the Hi-Point company. I took that used gun and sent it back to Hi Point and guess what, they rebuilt the entire thing for free and included a free extra mag back with it. It was reliable after that and that experience really cemented the quality of thier lifetime warranty. IMHO any company that is willing to offer that level of lifetime support to thier product deserves the respect of those who enjoy the kind of products they make. If you are only in a position at this time to get a Hi-Point, do it and dont look back, you'll have a blast with it.

(Delaware County)

I have a C9 and except for it being a bit on the heavy side, I love it!

I've only shot Remington FMJ and JHP from it but it never had a jam or failed to fire.

I carry it all the time too, but as i said, it is a bit heavy.

I would recommend it if you don't mind the extra weight.

(Lawrence County)

A real pain to take down and some are sprung too heavy, but a good value for the price.....which is right next to free.

Lycanitsurebeatsapointystickthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

I have been considering purchasing one for...well...because it's cheap!
    Just for kicking around. Boating, horseback riding. Just a plane Jane for beating up. For the price I think it's worth a try.
    FUCK BIDEN

(York County)

The first time I ever shot my XD .40 I was with a friend who just bought a High Point. His High Point had 2 FTF's in the first full clip. I shot 2 clips through it without incident then he tried again and had one more FTF. Within 3 minutes it was clear that the cake I threw down for the XD was well spent.

I'm not trying to brag about XD,s or put down my buddy, but there's only so much you can expect out of a gun that costs under $200 new. The Hi Point had a 5" barrel, and my XDSC has a 3.5" barrel, but it was a whole lot easier to hit what I was aiming at with the XD.

I don't usually talk down any kind of products but personally... I saw enough in the first few moments of shooting that would keep me from buying one. I'm pretty sure he was regretting his decision to buy one.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast