Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Default Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

"I know this is a touchy subject as most people HATE high point firearms."

That's because they are ignorant internet trolls. First & foremost, NEVER look to random folk on the internet for product advice. Find a publication which does not accept outside advertising, employs very well credentialed experts, does not allow its reviewers to accept gifts from companies & has been around for many years & read its review of the product, gun or otherwise. You'll be surprised by what you learn. The world is full of sheeple who are so megatarded that they think only scam artists like samsung can make a decent tv, that only rip-off experts like glock can make a decent gun & that Daniel (Larry the cable guy) Whitney's accent is real. Once you read what some REAL EXPERTS have to say about Hi-Point's products I have a feeling you won't be afraid to buy one.

Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by IowaGuy View Post
    "I know this is a touchy subject as most people HATE high point firearms."

That's because they are ignorant internet trolls. First & foremost, NEVER look to random folk on the internet for product advice. Find a publication which does not accept outside advertising, employs very well credentialed experts, does not allow its reviewers to accept gifts from companies & has been around for many years & read its review of the product, gun or otherwise. You'll be surprised by what you learn. The world is full of sheeple who are so megatarded that they think only scam artists like samsung can make a decent tv, that only rip-off experts like glock can make a decent gun & that Daniel (Larry the cable guy) Whitney's accent is real. Once you read what some REAL EXPERTS have to say about Hi-Point's products I have a feeling you won't be afraid to buy one.

Best Wishes
    To be honest with you, before going through all those steps I think it would be easier to just buy the gun and find out for one's self. Where would someone find such a publication? Somehow, someway, someone is paying to produce such a publication and they expect to turn a profit on it. When you add profitability to the equation bias follows, usually. I know of no way to confirm the qualifications you list. But I can certainly understand wanting to. I haven't trusted Comsumer's Report since they said Behr brand paint is the best on the market. It's among the worst. Most professional painters agree.

I'm ok with hearing opinions off the internet. I can quantify those opinions easier. On a forum such as this you can figure out who has some knowledge and experience with a little observation. A thread such as this one is neutral, no one is being paid to express either an opinion or an experience. Sift out the true gun snobs and woefully uninformed and you have the basis of a real review.

My apologies for countering your first post on PAFOA, and I mean no disrespect towards your own view. Just following up on the matter as I see it.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Franklin County)

I recently bought a Hi Point 45, I personally like. I have my Ruger SR9C, and my S&A 9mm, couldn't afford a fancy 45, but wanted a large caliber pistol. Yes, it does feel like a brick, BUT it doesn't shoot like one. Just wish I would have gotten the 40 instead, too hard finding good ammo for 45's.

Quote Originally Posted by problazer1987 View Post
    I recently bought a Hi Point 45, I personally like. I have my Ruger SR9C, and my S&A 9mm, couldn't afford a fancy 45, but wanted a large caliber pistol. Yes, it does feel like a brick, BUT it doesn't shoot like one. Just wish I would have gotten the 40 instead, too hard finding good ammo for 45's.
    Have you tried hollow points yet? Mine absolutely hates HPs. Let us know when you try them, I'm wondering if it's my particular gun or Hi-Point .45s in general. Other than that the gun works great.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Wal Mart sells Tula .45 for like $14.95 and Cheaper than dirt sells it for even cheaper, but of course theres shipping

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Have you tried hollow points yet? Mine absolutely hates HPs. Let us know when you try them, I'm wondering if it's my particular gun or Hi-Point .45s in general. Other than that the gun works great.
    Haven't tried them yet, but do want to get some. I actually just came back from the range today, it jammed once, shot 50 through it. Then shot 200 rounds 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    Rather than a remark a question and it only pertains if you plan on having this gun in the case of defense, not for sporting, or playing at the range.

I see it like this, Would you trust in your vehicle, a pair of cheap brakes or a mid line or top line set of brakes?

A mid line priced pistol, hecks even a used pistol would be good, you can get used pistols for around 100 dollars, in .380, mainly makarovs i've seen but still, a .380 with JHP would be good for defense.

You dont always have to go with the biggest caliber out there, for example, I want to get a desert eagle and an XD-45 for my collection, but I dont have the cash right now, and dont know about them for carry weapons because of the recoil. I carry and will be CCWing as soon as my permit gets to me again, with my S&W Sigma it shoots a .40 s&w not the biggest shot out there, but still powerful, and with the lower recoil than I experienced with the XD-45 I got to try out, I know I can place more bullets at in the proper position. I paid 260 which was the gun, a 10rd mag, a 14rd mag, and the case, as well as 1 year of any smithing work I need for free.

It all depends what you want it for, if you just want a gun for example to just hang out and shoot at the club/range with your buddies, then go for it. If you want it for defense, what's your life worth?
    For what it's worth I went to the range last sat with a friend,I took my 9mm High point he had his glock both guns grouped very well,we shot factory loads out of the same box so there was no guestion about bad ammo.His glock gave his a lot of ejection trouble 2 shots and hang up,so as you can see money isn't the best way to give value to something,if it works it works well

Talking Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Glock17 View Post
    From my experience, High point handguns are of a lesser quality. The carbines and other rifles are ok.

A thing to consider is that they are considered by many "cheap" guns. I've seen a few ranges that do not allow high points and jennings on their ranges because of known issues with them.

If you are lookign for a less expensive gun there are many better firearms to choose from such as Bersa or Witness.
    Please post the problems that would cause these ranges to make this rule? Being as I own one of these HP's ,I don't want it to blow up in my face even though I have over a 1000 rounds through it.Let people know if there is a real issue not just a dislike for the product????

(Delaware County)

Cool Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

I think I am going to buy one just to see what they are like. I have been hearing the argument for and against Hi-point for years. I just have to find out for myself.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

i have the 9mm/40s&w/.45 handuhs and i also have the 995/4095 and the 995ts . i would use anyone of them to defend myself with. the only problems i ever had was the mags on one of them i think it was the c9 had to be adjusted but after a minute or two it is good to go and never fails.yes the guns are cheap but your paying for the gun not the name . i can assure you if the other highend gum makers was to comeout with a design like hihgpoint did they would ask double what highpoint is asking.my little c9 outshoots my glock 17 accuracy wise. and the same goes for the .45 it's got a better group than my 24/7 oss/ds. and the 40s&w well it's really nice to shoot to. one thing that i think helps out with the accuracy on highpoints is the berrel is fixed to the reciever and it doesn't float around or cock up when racked back .i would buy another highpoint in a second when the money is there i do want to get the 4595 to finish off my collection. i have no interest in the .380 it's just to small of a round for me.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast