Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Smile Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

I own a 45 cal. high-point as well as a 1911 45 other than the high-point is a little on the heavy side it is just as accurate as my 1911.It doesn't jam or misfire it just shoots. I also have a 40 and a 9mm same with them no problems.

Default Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

I recently bought a new Hi-Point.45 and have no issues with it. It's just for the fun aspect of a bigger bang. Way too heavy to carry. Out of the box the sights were off by 6" at 25yds. Simple adjustment. The grips gotta go, cheap plastic things.

Talking Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

:I have run about 400 rounds through my high point 45 and it has yet to jam.I'm not real familiar with u.s.p.s. rules but there is a comp. shoot on the 1'st of march and if it is legal to use my highpoint in this match, I'll let my 1911 set this one out.

(Cambria County)

I just bought a Taurus Pt-945. I love it. Alittle top heavy but I got used to it real fast. Hasn't jammed yet after 100rds at the range. Cleans real easily. Goes together very smooth. Downfall ammo price! But just about everything costs a arm and leg these days.! Not very comfortable to conceal neither!

i have a few of the highpoint firearms and they are great guns they shoot just as good as anyone of my high dollar carbines and pistols infact the extra weight helps the pistols with their groups my tauras .45 is a nice gun but my .45 highpoint will shoot better groups than it all day long the same with my c9 ans my glock 17.. alot of people snub their noses at them because of their cheap price tag just like some people will go and buy something at target for 50.00 when they know it's 25.00 at walmart but they won't be caught shopping at walmart because they have an image to protect.

(Allegheny County)

Between myself and family members, we have 5 total Hi-Point guns.

I have the 4095 carbine and a c9 9mm. 3 other family members have the 9mm.

I will say that the Carbine stock feels incredibly cheap, but it is one of the most enjoyable guns I own for plinking. They (hi-point) are working on a new stock for it, and I'm hoping it will address the number-one complaint I hear about them -- that they feel cheap and plasticy -- because I love my carbine.

I was thinking about buying a .40, but I do not like the feel of the larger 40 and 45 models.

Out of the 4 C9 9mm's that my family and I own, only one (my own) had any problems with it. After I put 400 rounds through it I was still getting a lot of jams and no fires. The other 3, though, have never had a single failure. I sent the pistol into hi-point for service. They had very fast turn around, and I don't know what they did to it, but I have shot about 1200 rounds through it since with no failures of any kind.

It may make a difference that before they anyone shot theirs, we dissasembled them and polished the feed ramp to a silky-smooth finish (From my research, I was told this makes a large difference)! And this is fairly easy to do with a dremel.

I leave the gun in my house as a backup HD gun, but it's not comfortable for me to carry. If it was lighter and easier to conceal however, I would. I have full confidence that it will go "bang" when I pull the trigger.

From my experience, I'd say they are plenty reliable to carry for defense, but there are more bad eggs, potentially, than other more expensive manufactures. Buy it, shoot it (a lot), and make sure you are confidant that it will not fail you. But if it does, send it back and they will fix it for you (for free) and send you some free mags when they send it back to you! They are not a gun that I would pull new from a box though and feel comfortable that it will work untill I had plenty practice time with it.

The only other possible problem you may run into is some of the c9's, from what I've read, are picky with the ammo they reliably feed. I reload and I've never had a problem with my own ammo.

~Garrick
    Last edited by Garrick_; March 8th, 2009 at 02:52 PM.

(Dauphin County)

The link above to the HP forum didn't work for me so, here's another link to a forum I belong to. We welcome all and if you do have HP's or are considering them, it's a great place to learn.

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php

As for the warranty and customer service - they usually score a 100. (or 110 when you consider the usually ship a free mag with every issue they solve).

As for shooting out of the box - all mine did - some don't. But we all know I could fill 10 pages of a thread with links to posts here and elsewhere for every kind of gun on the planet with same issues from time to time. Like I said, fills a market.
    Last edited by newskate9; March 8th, 2009 at 06:19 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

The first firearm i bought was a C9. Very heavy and not comfortable to carry but very reliable. 500+ rounds and not a single jam. Excellent for a first time gun owner who doesn't want to carry quite yet and just wants to test the waters without making a huge investment. Got mine at a gun show for $120 new in box with an extra mag and a lifetime warrenty that is good for anyone who owns the gun which means when you sell it to someone else, they get the warrenty too.

Thumbs up Re: Opinions on High Point Firearms

To tell the truth, I've heard so many negative things about the high point firearms that it made me wonder if they were worth owning at all. One story I hear all the time is how one blew up on a range and blew the glasses off of the person standing behind him. Does anyone think they might have had the wrong load in the pistol? Others would have done the same. I own the 45 and 9mm, shot a lot of rounds through them, and I love them. They are very very accurate, never jammed, and fit the hand well. For the price, you can't beat them. I would not hesitate to buy another one. Good gun, accurate and safe. Try one, you'll change your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

There are Ferraris and there are Kias. The Ferrari is a thing of beauty, and high in maintenance.

The Kia is inexpensive, sufficiently built for the task at hand, and will get you there every time.

The Hi-point is a Kia.

'Nuff said.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast