Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Front page above the fold in Naples Fl.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Front page above the fold in Naples Fl.

Yep, and he was such a "Good" boy. Yea right

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

19-year-old burglar shot, killed in North Naples, authorities say
    By ELYSA BATISTA, RYAN MILLS
    Originally published 06:51 a.m., March 20, 2009
    Updated 09:09 p.m., March 20, 2009

NAPLES — For the second time in six months, Sterlin Misener Jr. heard an alarm sounding at his North Naples property Friday morning. And for the second time in this short period of time, the 44-year-old found himself face to face with an apparent burglary.

In the first incident in October, four men, one with a gun, were arrested. Friday, Misener had his own gun and shot the alleged intruder, 19-year-old Patrick Hutchison, dead.

Around 4 a.m., according to the Collier County Sheriff’s office, Misener caught Hutchison coming out of a family camper parked in the driveway at 91 Willoughby Drive.

Misener told deputies Hutchison lunged at him and that’s when he shot him. Hutchison was pronounced dead at the scene.

Though some friends and neighbors say Hutchison had been running with a bad crowd of late, they described him as a “good person,” happy and funny, who wasn’t aggressive. The story of him lunging at Misener, they say, just doesn’t add up.

“He’s not out to harm people,” said 17-year-old Aaron Hornyak, a senior at Gulf Coast High School who has known Hutchison since the fourth grade. “That’s the last thing he would have done. He’s not the fighting type.”

Hornyak and 17-year-old Devon Migeot said they used to play paintball with Hutchison in the woods down the road.

“I remember it would be me and him versus a lot of people because we were the best,” Hornyak said.

The news of the shooting rattled the normally quiet neighborhood off Immokalee Road. Neighbors were familiar with both men. Hutchison lived one street over from the Miseners, at 27 Wickliffe Drive

“I was surprised and a little shocked,” said neighbor Kristen Liberth, 42.

Hutchison, who turned 19 on Friday, had been a student at Gulf Coast High School and recently went to Beacon High School, an alternative school. Records indicate that Misener’s sons, Clayton and Gerrit, and daughter, Samantha, all attended Gulf Coast High School with Hutchison last year.

For the past two years, Hutchison lived off and on at his friend Michael Marra’s home, Marra’s mother Judy Marra said.

She called Hutchison a “sweetheart” who got involved in some “stupid teenage stuff,” but said he was not the criminal he is being made out to be in the press.

Though she admits that Hutchison shouldn’t have been on Misener’s property, she said she doesn’t believe that he lunged at him. Hutchison shouldn’t have been shot, she said.

Attempts to reach Misener for comment Friday were unsuccessful.

“He was not in fear of his life,” Marra said of Misener. “He could have picked up the phone and called 911, but he didn’t. He picked up a shotgun and went outside and shot a 19-year-old kid.”

“It is a sad, sad thing across the board,” Marra said.

At Hutchinson’s home, a block down from where he died, the elderly couple that answered the door hours after the incident said that they would not be making any statements to the media.

“We’re not going to talk to you,” the man said before closing the door. “We don’t know anything about it. Give them a chance to get over.”

Afterwards a woman who refused to identify herself, but admitted to being a member of the Hutchison family, said to leave the premises and to never bother the family again.

Anthony Ciani, 23, who lives across the street from the Hutchison home, said he used to play basketball with Hutchison when he was younger, and sometimes showed him his collection of rap and hip hop CDs. Ciani said he thought Hutchison had been hanging out with the wrong crowd recently.

“He’s always been a good person,” Ciani said. “I’ve known him for a long time. He never seemed to be a person with bad intentions.”

According to Collier County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Karie Partington, the determination as to whether or not Misener would be charged with Hutchinson’s death would be up to the State Attorney’s Office.

“The Sheriff’s Office does have an option of turning anything they’ve discovered over to us for review,” said State Attorney’s Office Spokeswoman Samantha Syoen. “At this point, we haven’t been contacted.”

This isn’t the first time this home has been the victim of a burglary.

In October, three men, one of whom had a gun, according to the Sheriff’s Office, confronted Misener and his wife Erika.

In that burglary attempt, the suspects were looking for safes in the home. The suspects were foiled by one of the Misener’s teenage sons who heard the commotion and called 911. Deputies arrived and caught two of the suspects in the home as the third got away with the help of a get-away driver but was eventually arrested.

After the October incident, Liberth, the neighbor, said her family took extra safety precautions.

“I’m a little bit more cautious,” said Liberth on Friday, after dropping off her kids at the bus stop at the southwest corner of Euclid Avenue and Willoughby Drive. “The windows are locked and the doors are locked.”

Lindsay DeJesus, 15, who lives next door to the Miseners, said she’s never had a problem with her neighbors, though she said she’s had some squabbles with Misener’s sons. She said she watched deputies work from her bedroom window on Friday morning, but never heard a gunshot.

“I’m a dead sleeper,” Lindsay said. “I didn’t hear nothing. I think it was my dog that woke my mom up.”

Collier County Sheriff’s crime scene investigators continued to work the scene at Willoughby Drive, while neighborhood residents streamed by throughout the morning, walking their dogs. Chris and Nancy Reyelt, who have lived in the neighborhood for 10 years, walked their Weimaraners Como and Zsarina while investigators continued to canvass the scene.

According to Chris Reyelt, 60, the couple knew of the break-in at the home a few months ago but Friday’s events were still a surprise.

“We’ve never had problems like this,” said Reyelt.

However, 15-year neighborhood resident Blaise Morrow, 62, said the robbery wasn’t at all that surprising — especially in today’s economy.

“I hate to say,” said Morrow, adding that he hopes the economy improves or he expects the crime rate in Collier could get worst. “I don’t know what this was about, but there has been an increase in robberies.”

Staff writers Kate Albers and Aisling Swift contributed to this report.

Good boy or not, stupid teenager or not, besides the obvious that theft is wrong it can be dangerous too. He opened the door on this, he had to take what was on the other side. I hope his friends are paying attention and get their act together so this tragic event isn't a complete waste.

I'm surprised he didn't hear the home owner coming with those big ass ears.

She called Hutchison a “sweetheart” who got involved in some “stupid teenage stuff,” but said he was not the criminal he is being made out to be in the press.

I laughed up at that. I guess a person who is committing robbery isn't a criminal anymore? Heh. Alrighty then...
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    I'm surprised he didn't hear the home owner coming with those big ass ears.

I laughed up at that. I guess a person who is committing robbery isn't a criminal anymore? Heh. Alrighty then...
    First, LOLOLLAWLAWL.

Second, the only thing that we know about the dead guys character is that he "was hanging out with the bad crowd" as of late. My neighbors would say I was hanging out with the wrong crowd if they saw my girlfriends black teenage brother show up to my house, with his system pumping, wearing "standard hip-hop culture clothing", even though we are usually going fishing when he comes over.

Also that he went to alternative school. The first is hearsay, the second doesn't mean jack. I know quite a few people who went to alternative school just because they were lazy and never showed up to regular public school and got kicked out. Or kids who were bullied and finally swung back for the first time in their life, but were painted as terrorizers by the liberal administration and expelled. Because someone goes to alternative school doesn't make them a piece of shit.

Yeah, the kid was probably being a stupid fuck, and thinking, "oh let me go steal some shit from the old man around the corner haha". I doubt he went over there to attack the old man. I think that old fuck shot the young kid cause he wanted blood. You're all welcome to agree to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    First, LOLOLLAWLAWL.

Second, the only thing that we know about the dead guys character is that he "was hanging out with the bad crowd" as of late. My neighbors would say I was hanging out with the wrong crowd if they saw my girlfriends black teenage brother show up to my house, with his system pumping, wearing "standard hip-hop culture clothing", even though we are usually going fishing when he comes over.

Also that he went to alternative school. The first is hearsay, the second doesn't mean jack. I know quite a few people who went to alternative school just because they were lazy and never showed up to regular public school and got kicked out. Or kids who were bullied and finally swung back for the first time in their life, but were painted as terrorizers by the liberal administration and expelled. Because someone goes to alternative school doesn't make them a piece of shit.

Yeah, the kid was probably being a stupid fuck, and thinking, "oh let me go steal some shit from the old man around the corner haha". I doubt he went over there to attack the old man. I think that old fuck shot the young kid cause he wanted blood. You're all welcome to agree to disagree.
    He got what he deserved. One less to POS contend with when he got older.

Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    Yep, and he was such a "Good" boy. Yea right

Ed Stephan
    that's the story that is always told with stories like this..if he was so good..why was he robbing folks? hmnnn
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    that's the story that is always told with stories like this..if he was so good..why was he robbing folks? hmnnn
    this waswas burglary of a vehicle. there is a clear difference between robbery and burglary. The burglary was outside the home, and the property owner left his house to seek out the burglar. The only way he could get blood is if he claimed the burglar attacked him. So he shot the kid dead and claimed self defense, when really the kid probably saw him and said oh shit, as the guy had his gun drawn and shot him dead upon first sight.

If we can assume that the kid attacked the old man, when he has no recorded history of violence, then we can also assume the old amn went outside his home, gun drawn, looking for blood.

Had he broken into the mans home and was shot, that would be one thing.
    Stealing rims off a car isn't punishable by death. Florida isn't Texas, and I'm happy most states aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Beaver County)

It was a burglary of a residence. A camper is not a vehicle; it's a home (ask the IRS). There could have been people inside. Breaking into a home can result in death. This time, it did.

What's really disturbing is that, in the midst of all this discussion about the death of a burglar, the reporter bothered to record this: "walked their Weimaraners Como and Zsarina"!

What, the hell, do the names of two unrelated dogs have to do with the story?

Back to you in the newsroom, Chip, where we've got a hot story about Britney and Lindsay exposing their cooters!
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast