Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Is this a prediction from the 70's?

Stairway.......... first 5 mins says it all ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNEo8OxrT8

George

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Is this a prediction from the 70's?

Let me be the first one to say........

What??!?!?

(Chester County)

+2 Not sure what you mean here.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    Stairway.......... first 5 mins says it all ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNEo8OxrT8

George
    OK, some one has smoked TOO MUCH ganga tonight and is getting WAY too deep into their music or they have 'turned a corner' ... which one is it?

Page and Plant liked to use parts of books they had read all while stealing old blues riffs from people they would never pay (in 'ramble on' they steal from JRR Tolkein ... "but Gollum and the evil warg crept up and slipped away with her her )

Don't give Page and Plant ANY status that would make them 'soothsayers' ... they were nothing more than opportunistic thieves. When the old blues men tried to get a small bit for all the songs the 'rockers' had stole Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart stepped up and said 'hell yeah' while Page and Plant hid behind their lawyers and told EVERYONE they had stolen songs from to go fuck themselves ..... they were (and still are) the thieves of rock n roll (even though I grew up on and enjoy quite a bit of what they did)

yeah i cant figure out the op's question, or answer either... BUT (DC) dont talk bad about the best band to ever hit the airwaves. oh this brings back memories.... now i have to watch HOW THE WEST WAS WON tonight...........
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    yeah i cant figure out the op's question, or answer either... BUT (DC) dont talk bad about the best band to ever hit the airwaves. oh this brings back memories.... now i have to watch HOW THE WEST WAS WON tonight...........
    Sorry but being a musician (guitar) and being a lover of the original American blues I HAVE to call a spade a spade and Zeppelin FUCKED the people they stole the riffs (and songs) they made millions from .... now I am all for making millions (I wish) BUT don't stand there with your millions and refuse to acknowledge who you stole the riffs and songs from! Eric Clapton was MORE then happy to admit it and throw a few dollars of his billions to the people he 'borrowed' riffs and songs from .. Page and PLANT said 'screw you' .. and that ain't right

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Sorry but being a musician (guitar) and being a lover of the original American blues I HAVE to call a spade a spade and Zeppelin FUCKED the people they stole the riffs (and songs) they made millions from .... now I am all for making millions (I wish) BUT don't stand there with your millions and refuse to acknowledge who you stole the riffs and songs from! Eric Clapton was MORE then happy to admit it and throw a few dollars of his billions to the people he 'borrowed' riffs and songs from .. Page and PLANT said 'screw you' .. and that ain't right
    ive been following zep for over thirty years, damn, ive never heard anything like that...all i know is they like to play with sharks and black magic killed bonham... i used to know every damn word to every damn song....i still think their the best.. its amazing what bonham can do with one base drum verses these double bass drums that these guys use today, sounds like he has four arms...
    FJB

now that i think of it. what pisses me off the most is, i used to have a dan electro like pages, until i did a pete townsend with it...........
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    ive been following zep for over thirty years, damn, ive never heard anything like that...all i know is they like to play with sharks and black magic killed bonham... i used to know every damn word to every damn song....i still think their the best.. its amazing what bonham can do with one base drum verses these double bass drums that these guys use today, sounds like he has four arms...
    Oh trust me I love them tunes too (the first I ever played live in front of an audience was whole lotta love, at the ripe old age of 13) BUT since then I have grown to love where that music came from (the black blues men) and I have spent many MANY years 'in the biz'... and trust me when I say Plant and Page don't give two shits about anything but money! They are ONLY eclipsed by Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons when it comes to greed and saying 'bite me' to those that actually wrote the songs!

If I have time tomorrow I will get the links to prove these facts .. right now I think I have to say goodnight. Nuff said?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Oh trust me I love them tunes too (the first I ever played live in front of an audience was whole lotta love, at the ripe old age of 13)
    Ok but tell me in the album version of WLL when the guitar kinda winds down does he say "one more f*** " in the background? Does cream say "I`ll wait and f*** you " in White Room?
    I know what the lyrics say but that`s what it sounds like even after slowing down the vinyl.
    After some 40 years I need to know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast