Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: LTCF DENIAL!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: LTCF DENIAL!

this was I was originally stopped for...doing 110mph in a 55.
    WOW! That must have been one hell of a ticket. I'm just glad I was never CAUGHT driving that fast,or riding a wheelie on a motorcycle on a public street .....not that I would ever do such a thing.

Many people have done the stuff you have or maybe a little worse. However,you were unfortunate enough to be caught. My past is not perfect,I had more luck than you,so I'm in no position to judge harshly.

I do feel the laws in the US & PA could be improved.

Talk to a lawyer about expungement. The speeding is probably off your driving record by now. The MJ issue is 10 yrs old & a small amount,so if you have behaved yourself since then,I'm guessing you'll have a good shot.

Good luck with this. I hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by reverserboy; March 21st, 2009 at 09:49 AM.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    WOW! That must have been one hell of a ticket. I'm just glad I was never CAUGHT driving that fast,or riding a wheelie on a motorcycle on a public street .....not that I would ever do such a thing.

Many people have done the stuff you have or maybe a little worse. However,you were unfortunate enough to be caught. My past is not perfect,I had more luck than you,so I'm in no position to judge harshly.

Seriously. There are long stretches of I79 where the speed limit is 55 and people routinely do 75-80 all day long. The speed limits in this country are ridiculous. They are blatantly ignored en-Mass and the reason they are set so ridiculously low is to make money and give officers a reason to pull people over and possible find other violations.

Let's face it. Car's these days don't have 4 wheel drum brakes, biased ply tires, and weigh half as much with much improved suspensions. I think it's time we changed them.

If you never once went 100mph when you were 19 then I feel sorry for you. Thankfully I never got pulled over doing it but I've made 100+ mph runs on the highway probably hundreds of times. Other states have speed limits in the 70's. Why can't we?
    Last edited by P-11 shooter; March 21st, 2009 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Other states have speed limits in the 70's. Why can't we?
    Because folks don't do the speed limit, they always go faster.
    If you have a speed limit of 70, most will go 80.
    And so on and so on.
    Before you know it, folks will be driving 80-90mph. It would be way to fast for most to keep control of their vehicles. Its a safety thing, I guess.

I've driven through the Mojave desert a bunch of times going to Vegas. The speed limit is 75, they will let go 80, but go 81, and you're getting a ticket.

The other issue here in PA might just be the deer. I guess you would do less damage to yourself hitting a deer at 65-70 as opposed to 75-85, however, I really don't know.

The real reason is money. LOL They know folks will always go faster, so therefore, tickets.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Because folks don't do the speed limit, they always go faster.
    If you have a speed limit of 70, most will go 80.
    And so on and so on.
    Before you know it, folks will be driving 80-90mph. It would be way to fast for most to keep control of their vehicles. Its a safety thing, I guess.

Possible, but I suspect people will reach their comfort zone speed and stay there

I've driven through the Mojave desert a bunch of times going to Vegas. The speed limit is 75, they will let go 80, but go 81, and you're getting a ticket.

The other issue here in PA might just be the deer. I guess you would do less damage to yourself hitting a deer at 65-70 as opposed to 75-85, however, I really don't know.

Let's just say I have some experience in this area. Yes, you cause less damange, and yes, you give yourself better opertunity to swerve, however this tatcic can often be worse than just plowing the damn thing. I can honeslty say if I were going speed limit of 45 instead of 75 I whould have most likely had less injuries or had a chance to react by swerving, or hitting the brake. But who knows on a bike. Even at 45 it's a roll of the dice.

The real reason is money. LOL They know folks will always go faster, so therefore, tickets.

That's it right there. I've seen cops on the highway going to and from court going 90+ on a regular basis. If everyone routinely drives 80 with no problem then it's not so much a safety issue, but a constant source of revenue and a chance to bust people for other things as well. Out of 50 people they pull over how many have had a drink, or have something in their cars that can get them in trouble. $cha-ching$

In green...

(Philadelphia County)

I am no way advocating this ummhmmm...but technically you would be able to obtain a nonresident florida ltcf and "legally" carry everywhere in pa including philly, just an out there idea.

(Northampton County)

If you never once went 100mph when you were 19 then I feel sorry for you.
    ME TOO. Just don't do it in a school zone or residential area & watch out for deer......& cops.

It's not such a bad thing so long as you're only a danger to yourself. Placing others in danger is not cool.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    You're wrong.

Pa. has reciprocity with 24 other states. That means that a Pa. LTCF is recognized when you are in those states, and licenses from those states are valid here. A few of those states only recognize 'resident licenses', meaning that you must live in the state of the license you hold, in order for it to be recognized. Pa. does not impose that restriction, which means that I could not renew my Pa. license, and continue to carry on my Ut. license if I wished.
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexluger View Post
    I feel like a criminal and apparently in the eyes of PICS, I am.
    I know how you feel. I lost my 2nd amendment rights completely. I couldnt own or poses any firearm. I felt like some kind of mutant.

They make it hard to get your rights back because frankly they prefer you not have them.

I decided to not let them win. I got a lawyer and had my "offense" expunged and got my rights restored. Then I failed PICS anyway.
    So I filed a challenge and got it reversed and had my right to buy/sell/possess firearms restored a year ago.

Finally, yesterday, I received my LTCF in the mail.

It cost money and took a long time, but it was worth the trouble. I'm an American like everyone else.
    I deserve to have the same rights as everyone else. I was not a criminal. I had a bad day a long time ago
    and I was never even arrested or charged with anything, but they took away all my rights.

Journey complete. I won. They lost.

You can too. Dont take it lying down.
    Last edited by skyjerk; March 22nd, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by skyjerk View Post
    I know how you feel. I lost my 2nd amendment rights completely. I couldnt own or poses any firearm. I felt like some kind of mutant.

They make it hard to get your rights back because frankly they prefer you not have them.

I decided to not let them win. I got a lawyer and had my "offense" expunged and got my rights restored. Then I failed PICS anyway.
    So I filed a challenge and got it reversed and had my right to buy/sell/possess firearms restored a year ago.

Finally, yesterday, I received my LTCF in the mail.

It cost money and took a long time, but it was worth the trouble. I'm an American like everyone else.
    I deserve to have the same rights as everyone else. I was not a criminal. I had a bad day a long time ago
    and I was never even arrested or charged with anything, but they took away all my rights.

Journey complete. I won. They lost.

You can too. Dont take it lying down.
    Congrats on working a relatively screwed up system and coming out on top. Enjoy living the free life again.

(Delaware County)

1 / Poss Of Marijuana Guilty Plea

I'm sorry to say it (and I hope I'm wrong on this) but I believe that you aren't allowed to even purchase the guns. Even if you weren't aware of this, you could still be charged with misdemeanors for both the purchase and the posession. Expungement is always an option but is extremely hard and you will have to fight for it.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast