Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: LTCF DENIAL!

(Berks County)

Default Re: LTCF DENIAL!

No matter what I'd consider getting that expunged if I were you. You can search the web for the process.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

When I last went to renew my LTCF I was denied. Took me near 6 months just to find out what the denial was for. Problem was an arrest I had 27 yrs ago for fighting. Apparently the original charges showed in the system but they didnt have access to the court results which were so old there put away in storage somewhere. The application department requests the court records and if they dont get them in XX amount of days they automatically deny. Every time I appealed the same round circle problem would re-occur. I finally just started calling daily until I bugged them enough to actually fix the problem
    Last edited by PhillySoldier; February 27th, 2018 at 02:26 PM.

(Bucks County)

OP has demonstrated a short-term memory deficit, by first posting that he was convicted followed by his explanation that he was not convicted. In other words, he forgot what he first posted in a matter of a day, so it is understandable that he might forget something that happened so many years ago.

Based upon my one experience with US Army MPs, I believe it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    OP has demonstrated a short-term memory deficit, by first posting that he was convicted followed by his explanation that he was not convicted. In other words, he forgot what he first posted in a matter of a day, so it is understandable that he might forget something that happened so many years ago.

Based upon my one experience with US Army MPs, I believe it.
    If it was something to be held against him, I would think it wouldve prevented him from joining the military too

(Berks County)

I have no interest in passing judgement on the guy, I would just try to help him figure out where he stands and what he can do about it. An appeal of the matter is a good start. A chat with a lawyer would be a good next move. GunLawyer001 is a member here with a good reputation. I would email him.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    If it was something to be held against him, I would think it wouldve prevented him from joining the military too
    All depends on the current situation..
    Steady military end strength and not much going on.. yes hard to get in, hard to stay in
    Declining end strength and or stuff blowing up all around the globe? If you walk and don't have a violent felony, they can probably get you into a uniform
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    All depends on the current situation..
    Steady military end strength and not much going on.. yes hard to get in, hard to stay in
    Declining end strength and or stuff blowing up all around the globe? If you walk and don't have a violent felony, they can probably get you into a uniform
    Fuck I had a guy who was Court Marshaled but not booted, for punching an LT as an E-4, got sent to Capt Mast for fighting AGAIN, STILL pass his 10yr investigation and keep his clearance. He was on Term leave and we had to call and ask if he wanted to say in and he did. That's why I believe this guy's story. Had to pull a clearance on a 18yr E-6 because he reused to pay back fucking Colombia House. Only sure things to get booted from mil is DUI/drugs. After that it depends on your COC.
    Again if he declared it when he joined it would not matter later.
    Plus that shit hole will deny you if you eat a Kit Kat wrong.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

Were you convicted or not? Free has made mention of your contradicting posts twice and you have not responded.

To be honest I hope you do not answer my question and stop posting about this all together. But if you want to dig a hole I won't take your shovel.

I do hope you stay around and update your appeal process.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Were you convicted or not?
    ...and why the conflicting posts?

I mean, honestly, the guy has never, ever been in trouble with the law since, and somehow, he TOTALLY FUCKING FORGOT the ONE TIME he was - and it happened to be for ROBBERY AND ASSAULT, and first stated he was convicted, and then stated he was NOT convicted? Really? REALLY?

Come on...

(Philadelphia County)

Really guys, it a juvenile incident was able to get clarity... I spoken with lawyer today, will be starting expungement process. Also found out I was never convicted in PA, juvenile offense is called adjudicated... So when I intially asked for help, I was going by what I was told by the gun permit unit when I picked up my letter. Like I said, I can really respect some of the feedback but the rest is crazy. I truely was seeking out help regarding a subject I have little knowledge about... But instead of taking opportunity and building friendship, some act like major ass... Tell me, what could I possible gain other then some insight regarding me sharing my situation... I wont be asking another question...

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast