Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default New member of the family

I finally got my Kel-tec! It's a P3AT, with a parkerized slide. The gun shop was out of blued models, so I just paid the extra $40. I got the pistol and 50 hollow points for $280 OTD. Now I get to accessorize.

I'll post a range report when I get out to exercise it.

Ironically, my dad asked we the other day to start pricing smaller CCW guns. I told him about the Kel-tecs but he didn't seem too interested. When he saw and handled mine today his response was "that's a perfect concealed weapon, how much did you pay for it? where did you buy it?"

-Joe-
    Magnum en parvo!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: New member of the family

I too have one (search Pictures). One warning, these are about the most unreliable puppies ever devised but with $ 60 and a full "F & B" (again search) you can turn it into a reliable pea shooter. I would say that a F & B is beyond mandatory. Also look into the Bersa pinky extension. Makes the world of difference.

(Blair County)

I plan on getting a mag extension asap, and I'd like a slip on grip. I'm also considering an arma-laser, but that will have to wait a while. I noticeed that you have a 1st gen. P3At, which were reported to have had issues. Mine is a 2nd gen. (biggest cosmetic difference is the extractor) and is supposed to be pretty reliable. I'll put it through it's paces, and at the first sign of an issue I'll have it worked over.

-Joe-
    Magnum en parvo!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
    I plan on getting a mag extension asap, and I'd like a slip on grip. I'm also considering an arma-laser, but that will have to wait a while. I noticeed that you have a 1st gen. P3At, which were reported to have had issues. Mine is a 2nd gen. (biggest cosmetic difference is the extractor) and is supposed to be pretty reliable. I'll put it through it's paces, and at the first sign of an issue I'll have it worked over.

-Joe-
    I actually picked 1st gen over the 2nd. based on what I found from others. Don't get me wrong, you can make these work great but the key word is "work".

You may also want to check out the KTOG forum for more details. found the following site that has some good info: www.1bad69.com/keltec/index.htm From what I learned these guns need some love and care to get them to work well, which they call a F&B (Fluff & Buff) www.ktog.org/tecwerks10.htm, www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/prep.htm and www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/prep2.htm that I found from www.1bad69.com/keltec/newownerinfo.htm which also has other useful information.

For the F&B, I used and recommend Jack Fuselier www.gunsmith.fuselier.com/slideoffer.html who will plate the slides for $25 or plate and do a F&B for $ 60.

To me the main reason for these pea shooters is not a fun day at the range but to be used when you want to bring a gun to a knife fight. For what its worth I say again, spend the money and get it worked on so it works perfectly when you need it. Preaching done

Oh yeah, I carry mine with +P Hollowpoints.

(Allegheny County)

Joe,

Congrats!
    I keep saying I'm going to replace my P32 with one, but it hasn't happened yet.

$280? Good price. My local shop wants the same price for a blued model.

You can't get a more concealable .380!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I got a 380 early last year , have done nothing to it and it has worked flawlessly
    but 280 for the gun and a box of ammo seems really high

for what it is worth I paid $211 for mine

one more note , I apologize I didn't see the part about you getting the parkerized slide slide , mine is all blued