Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: My AR-15 is Jamming... WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by wheeling365 View Post
    For the sake of asking since the pics didn't come up on my work computer. What kind of ammo are you using? Remember that there are different chambers in AR-15's. There is .223 and then 5.56. There cut different if only slightly. If its bulk ammo you might be running into different brass with the round that hangs up.
    If the ammo is something that is a heavier grain bullet(say over 77g) is it possible that the bullet is starting to engage the rifling and getting stuck?

As for the trigger needing to be reset by hand, That tells me that its either dirty, has a broken spring or that the bolt was not completely closed.

Hope this helps.
    The ammo is all chambered for .223 Most of it is Blackhills ammo or PMC, bought it in 50 round bricks. 55-65 grain. as far as broken springs Ive taken the rifle apart and searched for anything that could be causing the issue and it seems all is in order.. Or im just not looking hard enough.

When I turned the rifle to look it seemed the bolt wasnt fully closed (it was only slightly open) when the trigger was stuck. I pushed the trigger forward with almost no force and it closed and was ready to go. I just asumed I didnt put enough oil or w.e on it, or it burned off ? =D
    Last edited by ••SpraynPray••; March 23rd, 2009 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLAW View Post
    I had the SAME problem with my old Colt CAR. It was very picky with mags. I rebuilt ALL my mags with the no tilt teflon followers and new springs. The military GREEN followers are NOT non tilt.

Works now.
    I was runing magpull Pmags when the issue occured not exactly sure its a mag prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    That's not right.
    Is this a home build? It looks like it to me. Is the disconnector spring installed with the wide end down in the trigger?......anything binding in there?

Lycanhmmmthrope
    Yes, its a home build. The lower Came Complete as did the upper, aside from the retaining springs to connect the upper to the lower it was all assembled.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by ••SpraynPray•• View Post
    I was runing magpull Pmags when the issue occured not exactly sure its a mag prob.
    I've seen several Pmags fail. I don't think that's your problem, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ••SpraynPray•• View Post
    Yes, its a home build. The lower Came Complete as did the upper, aside from the retaining springs to connect the upper to the lower it was all assembled.
    The trigger should come forward no matter where the bolt is. There is something fishy in your lower. I still want you to check that disconnector spring. This may be an issue with bind in the trigger group and not a chamber problem......and you could break something.

Lycanbettersafethansorrythrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by wheeling365 View Post
    If the ammo is something that is a heavier grain bullet(say over 77g) is it possible that the bullet is starting to engage the rifling and getting stuck?
    If it fits in the mag, it should chamber. 77gr bullets should be about the same length as 55gr bullets.....the larger bullets are often just seated deeper.

Lycanclarificationthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Well I oiled the crap outa my gun, Took it out to the desert and shot about 400 rounds through it. Not a single Jam, No trigger lock up or anything.

Im thinking the whole ordeal was a fluke. =D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234