Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default White House website

I was just on the white house website and what is the first thing I see? Obama's NCAA picks. WTF does this have to do with White House business?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

Here is a letter I sent.

Dear Mr President,

After visiting the White House website I am APPALLED at the lack of professionalism being shown at the White House.
    We are in the biggest financial crisis since the great depression, Terrorists are planning attacks against us and we are being overrun by ILLEGAL immigrants. And the first thing I see when visiting the White House website is the President's NCAA Basketball picks? I would think the President would be focusing on issues that affect the American people and not professional sports.

This is the United States Of America and the people DESERVE at least a modicum of professionalism from our highest office.
    Last edited by Pennywise; March 19th, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Bucks County)

Default Re: White House website

Ya shoulda mentioned all the huge WH parties.

NCAA isn't professional basketball... it's collegiate..

just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    NCAA isn't professional basketball... it's collegiate..

just sayin'
    LOL, Yeah I know My wife pointed that out to me.

Don't really matter though. I said what I felt needed saying and feel better. I have no delusions that Obama will ever see my letter but if I didn't send it I would have been pissed off all day.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Didn't you know the White House is now the biggest chapter house for Alpha Kapa Alpha?

Professionalism? From sitting president that goes on Leno? If he has something that he needs to convey to "the people", there are several professional ways to do it. The fact that he is going on Leno is just a part of the PR machine. Another example of poor judgement.

Typically the President is supposed to communicate with The People via an official speech, press conference, or radio address, or through the White House Press Secretary.

Going on a late-night talk show is just absurd for the most powerful individual in the World... well... the United States anyway...

(Berks County)

So how many of the people who gave him a chance have already changed their minds? I'm thinking that after the past few days there are a few more who are fed up. And it hasn't even been 100 days yet.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Adams County)

I seriously don't have a problem with the Prez doing the NCAA thing to blow off steam. That's a high stress job, and he needs to be able to have something fun that he enjoys to concentrate on to help clear his head. I do, you do, everybody does.

What bugs me, is the effort put into it on the website, that chart, and the attention it's getting in the media. I know for a FACT that someone is busting their balls over and over again to get it 'perfect' so the prez doesn't get pissed.

Anyone who's ex military knows, that if a general says "Huh, interesting carpet" in an office that he's never been in and never will be in again, EVERYBODY goes into panic mode to rip it up and remodel the office because the general 'made a comment'.

Imagine that insanity when it comes to trying to make it 'just right' for the president, and all the time wasted by a group of staffers who could be doing something more productive--like, anything.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    I seriously don't have a problem with the Prez doing the NCAA thing to blow off steam. That's a high stress job, and he needs to be able to have something fun that he enjoys to concentrate on to help clear his head. I do, you do, everybody does.

What bugs me, is the effort put into it on the website, that chart, and the attention it's getting in the media. I know for a FACT that someone is busting their balls over and over again to get it 'perfect' so the prez doesn't get pissed.

Anyone who's ex military knows, that if a general says "Huh, interesting carpet" in an office that he's never been in and never will be in again, EVERYBODY goes into panic mode to rip it up and remodel the office because the general 'made a comment'.

Imagine that insanity when it comes to trying to make it 'just right' for the president, and all the time wasted by a group of staffers who could be doing something more productive--like, anything.

camper
    What he does on his own time is not a problem. If he wants to chart the NCAA that's not an issue. What IS an issue is his "rock star" attitude. He put his picks up on the main page of The White House website. Like we all need to know who he thinks will win. And don't even get me started on him being on Jay Leno tonight.

Here's an Idea, How about keeping the website for our highest office about politics and what he is doing for (to) our country.

Pennywise The Clown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast