Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Hypothetical Situation

Just curious and looking for some feedback. I'm going to attempt to be as nonstereotypical as possible.

Suppose you are at your home club with some friends out shooting some shotties (slugs) in the pistol bays. Below and behind you is the rifle range.

You notice an inordinate amount of ricochets coming from that area. It's getting a little spooky so you drive down for a look. Now....this is a private club, but open Sundays to the public for Sporting Clays, Skeet, 5 Stand, and Pyramid. At the rifle range are two gentlemen of Eastern Europe/Western Asia descent. They are driving a very expensive ($90,000+) European Sedan....black on black with full tint on the windows. The plate is out of state. The dealership plate holder is from 1200 mi away.

They have several rifles set up......on at least half the benches. Mostly old Mil surps. Mosins...etc. Loads of ammo. All steel cased. Some Russian or Czech Silverttips for the Mosin. They both have 9mm steel casings in their ears for hearing protection. Downrange they have clay pigeons set up everywhere. On the ground, on top of the target stands, on the top half of the backstops..... There are no clay pigeon boxes around. There is a clays thrower behind the rifle range. Same type clays in the thrower as are on the range. Now... posted all over the rifle range are signs saying "Private range. Shoot only at paper targets centered on backstops". (No shooting at bottles, clays, etc is specifically mentioned.)

You mention that a few rounds have come out of the backstops down here and that shooting at clays, particularly on the ground, is prohibitted. Guy#1 denies shooting at clays on the ground or backstops....(with a thick accent and broken english). He only admits to shooting at clays hung from the chickenwire target stand at 100 yards. Meanwhile you saw guy #2 try to shoot a clay on top of the 50 yard stand when you walked in (and missed about 18 inches high). You know these clays weren't here earlier.

You ask if they are members. They reply they are not. You mention that it is a private range and show them the large sign reading "Private range, club members only". They say they "called". You ask who they spoke to. They had no answer. You ask if they are from around here. They reply: "No, just passing through".

So.....whatcha gonna do?
    Last edited by Lycanthrope; April 22nd, 2007 at 10:51 PM.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Hypothetical Situation

Pack up my stuff, leave the range, and inform the police of trespassers.

(Erie County)

Go back to my car, make a call to the manager or the police.

I wouldn't say anything much to them. You don't know who they are, where they are coming from, what their motives are, why they are there. It's not worth the chances, especially when you see a car like that from that far away with an accent.

I was at a range one time. An asian guy in hyundi with michigan plates pulls up and walks up to the pistol range. Asks if he can shoot something real quick, walks down the range and throws a tupperware container on the ground walks back. Pulls a glock from an IWB holster and empties three magazines goes and picks it up and walks away. Just made me wonder whatsup.

(Allegheny County)

A call to the management and or PD would probably be the best move. Write down description of shooters and plate number. (but leave out the part that indicates race just to be PC - )

...walks down the range and throws a tupperware container on the ground walks back. Pulls a glock from an IWB holster and empties three magazines goes and picks it up and walks away. Just made me wonder whatsup.
    Improvised strainer?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    ... They both have 9mm steel casings in their eyes for hearing protection....
    I would've left them alone right there...that's just weird. Seriously though, I would call the cops and get out of the area. Nothing worse than irresponsible people firing weapons near you.
    I own guns!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjd932 View Post
    I would've left them alone right there...that's just weird. Seriously though, I would call the cops and get out of the area. Nothing worse than irresponsible people firing weapons near you.
    LOL. Thanks. I fixed it.

Yeah, casings in the "eyes" would be bad......real bad.

Lycanbadtypingthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Bucks County)

I'm not the Paranoid type , BUT the thought of that situation doesn't sit well with me , the response that you leave and call the authorities is the BEST answer , and I would wait for them to show up using a " this is a life threatning situotion " to the Cops Tag # always ,,, description ,,, 9/11 WE TRAINED THEIR PILOTS ,,,Need I say any more?

TAS

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL

(Bucks County)

P S LOCK AND LOAD

TAS

(Westmoreland County)

I'd spraypaint a cock on their hood and light it on fire....
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    At the rifle range are two gentlemen of Eastern Europe/Western Asia descent. They are driving a very expensive ($90,000+) European Sedan....black on black with full tint on the windows. The plate is out of state. The dealership plate holder is from 1200 mi away.

(with a thick accent and broken english).

You ask if they are members. They reply they are not.

So.....whatcha gonna do?
    Call Jack Bauer.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast