Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default how did you stop smoking? (how long did you stop for?)

I have been smoking for maybe 13 years..I started off asking for a smoke when someone i new had one till about 17 or 18 years old i started buying packs. i smoke about 2 packs a week and tried to stop a few times but only for like 2 weeks the most. has anyone ever had or has this problem and how did you stop? or did you?

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: HOW DID YOU STOP SMOKING? (HOW LONG DID YOU STOP FOR?)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman22 View Post
    I have been smoking for maybe 13 years..I started off asking for a smoke when someone i new had one till about 17 or 18 buying packs. i smoke about 2 packs a week and tried to stop a few times but only for like 2 weeks the most. has anyone ever had or has this problem and how did you stop? or did you?
    2 packs a week is better than 2 packs a day..my Mom used to smoke about 2 packs of Newport 100s/day...she's cut back, but she still smokes at least a pack/day..she quit for a year then started again...she just got sick one day and didn't have the urge for a smoke...

I've heard GREAT reviews on that new electronic cigarette, but it's expensive! I'm trying to get my Mom to try it out.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    2 packs a week is better than 2 packs a day..my Mom used to smoke about 2 packs of Newport 100s/day...she's cut back, but she still smokes at least a pack/day..she quit for a year then started again...she just got sick one day and didn't have the urge for a smoke...

I've heard GREAT reviews on that new electronic cigarette, but it's expensive! I'm trying to get my Mom to try it out.
    electronic cigarette?

(Luzerne County)

I quit summer of 1997. I was 27.

Just got sick of it and quit cold turkey. Never looked back. I DID smoke ciagrs to ease the pain Which I was already a fan of, I just smoked one a day for a while and that tapered off to the usual occasional smoke over a couple weeks

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    I quit summer of 1997. I was 27.

Just got sick of it and quit cold turkey. Never looked back. I DID smoke ciagrs to ease the pain Which I was already a fan of, I just smoked one a day for a while and that tapered off to the usual occasional smoke over a couple weeks
    I think i'am going to make another attempt at quiting...but its hard as hell..especially if you have a beer or eat a nice meal..

(Lancaster County)

CHANTIX !

I smoked for 20 years , a pack a day. Decide for my 20 year anniversary of smoking id quit. You take the pill for one week while still smoking after one week you stop smoking and keep taking the pill. I took it for one month but you can take it up to 6 months if you need to . Ive tried to quit before and never had been able to until this. Im going on 6 months and have absolutley no urger to smoke at all. Ive got so i cant even stand the smell of cigarettes.
    No longer posting

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: how did you stop smoking? (how long did you stop for?)

i smoked from 12-31 years old been 10 years since i had a puff, and i dont miss it evena little bit...

i was up to 3 packs a day and i liked smoking, i was a firefighter ( volunteer) and was going through a cylinder of air way too fast, i was getting sick regularly during the winter.. one winter i got walking pneumonia, almost died but i still tried to smoke lol ended up making a choice and deciding that i didnt like NOT being in control of myself.. so i said enough ...cold turkey never looked back....

my mother smoked from the age of 14 or so and just quit last year at 62 she used Chantix and it worked, she could never quit before ...
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    i smoked from 12-31 years old been 10 years since i had a puff, and i dont miss it evena little bit...

i was up to 3 packs a day and i liked smoking, i was a firefighter ( volunteer) and was going through a cylinder of air way too fast, i was getting sick regularly during the winter.. one winter i got walking pneumonia, almost died but i still tried to smoke lol ended up making a choice and deciding that i didnt like NOT being in control of myself.. so i said enough ...cold turkey never looked back....

my mother smoked from the age of 14 or so and just quit last year at 62 she used Chantix and it worked, she could never quit before ...
    wow!! is that over the counter stuff like at right aid or something.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman22 View Post
    wow!! is that over the counter stuff like at right aid or something.
    Nope, Chantix is prescription, but it seems to work very well.

(Philadelphia County)

I decided to quit today as a matter of fact. I'm gonna try the patch. It's been 12 hours since my last smoke. Wish me luck.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast