Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Red Cross: We've proven torture at CIA prisons

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4869240.shtml

The secret report was based on interviews conducted by representatives of the Red Cross with detainees at Guantanamo Bay, the U.S. military prison in Cuba where prisoners captured during the Bush administration's war on terror have been held, many for years without charge.
    So, according to the prisoners, they were mistreated... gee, why'd they ever lie? (emphasis added)

Default Re: Red Cross: We've proven torture at CIA prisons

I'm REALLY fucking curious why Red Cross isn't looking into the treatment of captured Americans. Why aren't they complaining about that? I kinda started getting curious about these kind of things during Desert Storm.

The answer to these questions is why our donations go to Salvation Army instead.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    I'm REALLY fucking curious why Red Cross isn't looking into the treatment of captured Americans. Why aren't they complaining about that? I kinda started getting curious about these kind of things during Desert Storm.

The answer to these questions is why our donations go to Salvation Army instead.
    Exactly...
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Delaware County)

Where is the Red Crescent when it comes to Americans in captivity in Iraq or Afghanistan?
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    Where is the Red Crescent when it comes to Americans in captivity in Iraq or Afghanistan?
    Ditto Salvation Army

Stories from the WWII veterans about the Red Cross selling coffee and donuts when the Salvation Army was giving them away set my mind early. The military personel that I know who had dealings with the Red Cross in family emergencies were not happy. My personal bitch is their salaries. At one time the highest paid executive in the U.S. was their president. All of our donations go to the Salvation Army, I was told their national director is paid less than the Illinois Red Cross director.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    Stories from the WWII veterans about the Red Cross selling coffee and donuts when the Salvation Army was giving them away set my mind early. The military personel that I know who had dealings with the Red Cross in family emergencies were not happy. My personal bitch is their salaries. At one time the highest paid executive in the U.S. was their president. All of our donations go to the Salvation Army, I was told their national director is paid less than the Illinois Red Cross director.
    All of my uncles, great uncles and so on have said something similar about the Red Cross versus Salvation Army. The Red Cross would charge for help, and only show up if a camera was around. Where as the Salvation Army folks would go out into the field and help, never charging, and didn't care if cameras were there. ..Even out onto active battlefields to help with injured.

Hell, back in the late '90s there was a family in Falls Creek that lost their house and contents to fire - the Red Cross put them up for a couple days until they got in with family, gave them clothes, food and a few toys for the kids - then sent them a bill a few weeks later.

The Salvation Army always gets my donations when its a choice between the two.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Please keep in mind there is a HUGE difference between the International Committee of the Red Cross (liberal, anti-American bureaucracy) and the American Red Cross (non-partisan relief organization).

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Please keep in mind there is a HUGE difference between the International Committee of the Red Cross (liberal, anti-American bureaucracy) and the American Red Cross (non-partisan relief organization).
    Ditto - if you're house burns down, you'll be happy to see the Red Cross. The American Red Cross does much needed work and mostly by volunteers.

The secret report was based on interviews conducted by representatives of the Red Cross with detainees at Guantanamo Bay, the U.S. military prison in Cuba where prisoners captured during the Bush administration's war on terror have been held, many for years without charge.
    I fail to understand why i'm supposed to care....
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast