Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Gander Mountain in York

So was on a search yesterday for 380 ammo. I stopped in at Gander MT. in york and they had very little. The disturbing thing was the prices. They were almost twice the normal price. WWB for $29 , American Eagle was also around that price. These were 50 ct. boxes .ME along with 4 other guys stood there shaking our heads. I was so pissed about the prices I probably will not go back there and shop again. It really ticks me off when stores price gouge stuff due to availability. I know , I know you guys are going to say " thats how it is " but that is crazy.
    No longer posting

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Gander Mountain in York

The GM in Robinson is the same way. Blazer Brass 9mm was 50% higher than Wal-Mart's price.

Gee...for some odd reason, they had plenty in stock!

(Cumberland County)

Their pricing is done by the corporate office. I did the same - look at the prices, mumble something along the lines of "yeah right", then leave.

Internet prices + shipping is still cheaper than GM's price. Don't worry about lists - you own a gun - you're already on at least one list.

I work in York. PM me if you want to split a case.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

GM is overpriced as it is...

i only shop there if i have some gander bucks and have them match the price from somewhere else, then use my gander bucks to slam the deal home...
    This Space For Rent

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy4Blazer View Post
    GM is overpriced as it is...
    (Not to pick on this specific comment.........just easy to click on the 'Quote' button.)

I bought an 870 Express with synthetic stock and extended mag. I paid $329.95 @ GM.......no one had it or was selling it for $375 and up around the area OR on the net!.

Use them for shopping and comparing, but they MIGHT have something there that you like @ a fair price........and their FFL was only $5.
    C.R.

(The Invisible Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by LowFlyer View Post
    (Not to pick on this specific comment.........just easy to click on the 'Quote' button.)

I bought an 870 Express with synthetic stock and extended mag. I paid $329.95 @ GM.......no one had it or was selling it for $375 and up around the area OR on the net!.

Use them for shopping and comparing, but they MIGHT have something there that you like @ a fair price........and their FFL was only $5.
    I have gotten a few deals there, but it was before the SCARE!!
    Their ammo was way overpriced the last time I was there.

They really need to stock up on re-loading stuff.............

They had NO de-cappng pins for RCBS dies, among other things.

(Susquehanna County)

I have yet to even hear of a Gander Mtn. that was any good. I am most familiar with the store in Johnson City, NY and Scranton. AFAIC they can't go out of business soon enough.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

on sat i drove 2hrs to gander mtn in york to pick up a used gun i ordered on their website. was there for 2hrs then 2hrs drive back.

disappointed how small the store was, was expecting cabela type. i went right to the firearm section and stood at the same counter for 2hrs, there were 2 sales rep, and both were helping customers, i was next in line.

1 rep was helping 1 customer the whole time i was there, feeding them so much crap about the guns, 40 vs 9mm, "never carry with 1 in the chamber" etc.

the rep that helped me was new. so he didn't feed me anything, until he sold me the 1year warranty for my used gun. "30.00 everything is covered even shipping, that can be up to 75.00" i said, i'd rather pay 75.00 then drive 4hrs just to drop the gun off, but since it's a used HK, I know how much parts can be so i agreed to buy it. after the 90min it took for him to fill out his part of form, run my background (actual phone call only took 5 mins), quadtriple check the paper work, he rang me up.

it gave me sometime to think about the warranty purchase, so i asked to be clear, when he was selling it, i sound like they had an agreement with HK, and all the other gun company they sold, but infact they were just hoping that HK out of the kindness of their heart would make out of warranty repairs.

i got a refund on it.

their guns they had were so overpriced, 500.00 on a used gen2 glock 22. their sale team sucked, didn't no much and all bullshit. the gun i brought reeked of bluing, my hand reeked of it after holding it and it was a piss poor bluing job. is that even legal for them to blue a used gun without mentioning it?

wasted 6hrs driving there and 35.00 in gas. but i'm happy with my hkp7.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowFlyer View Post
    and their FFL was only $5.
    Because you bought te gun there, they only charged you for PICS. Walk in to do a FTF transfer and it's $75. Stoneybrook, just down the street, charges $15.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    Because you bought te gun there, they only charged you for PICS. Walk in to do a FTF transfer and it's $75. Stoneybrook, just down the street, charges $15.
    Its quite ridiculous; I work there and I've had a word with the people in management and in the gun department about it and management says "That's just what we charge" while the sentiment from the people who actually work with the gun seems to be that they don't actually want to do those transfers because of the way they do it, they have to enter it into their system, and then if the buyer and seller both don't get approved it's in our system and we have to keep it. So basically they charge that much because its a pain in the ass and they don't like doing it. So say the gun people to me anyway.

I usually direct people who complain about it to Deer Valley on 30 where they do it for $20. Didn't know about Stoneybrook, where is it? I try to actually help people out when they come in if I can.
    1776 or 1984? - You decide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast