Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Well it happened, PFA on my friend and he has questions

Well I have posted several times about friend and his problems with his (now) ex-girlfriend over the past few weeks but today when I got back from VF I got a note to call him, that the SHTF.

First some quick background:

1. they are not married but had (see below) a little boy together

2. There has NEVER been any domestic abuse or charges filed

3. About a month ago she went nuts, left him and started all sorts of shit.

4. He thought everything was settled and they were getting ready to sign a visitation and support document with a lawyer.

When I called him tonight he sounded BAD, asked him what was up and he damn near cried. First off she filed a PFA but that's just the beginning.

The PFA states he is NOT the father of the child, that in fact she had been screwing a guy at work for quite some time and he was the father. She stated the reason for the PFA was the fact that he has a temper and has broken things and she thought that when he found out he was not this childs father he would go nuts and 'come after her'

He has a hearing tomorrow and his lawyer has said they are going to talk her into dropping it because of some other information they have, information that will destroy her old job (and the father's current job) and a lawsuit she has against this employer but if that doesn't work he is to plead no contest.

Now let's say he pleads no contest, what happens to his gun rights and LTCF? Are there any options here?

Needless to say this is one ugly situation, besides the pain he and his family are feeling he really needs to know what is about to happen to his gun rights.

Any and ALL advice would be appreciated ASAP so I can tell him. If GunLawyer is in the house tonight I would love to hear his take on this!

Default Re: Well it happened, PFA on my friend and he has questions

That is one F'd up situation, I'm hoping for the best.....

(York County)

Man thats a rough break. This is what makes me hate "Bitches", not all women are bitches but this one certainloy seems to be. "I'm not happy with my life, so I'm gonna drag everyone else down with me." And she can do it too, because these panty wiast judges file these BS PFA's on some psychos' word with lil or no cause.

I hope he gets it all squared away, and I hope this chic gets scurvy.
    3%

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Man thats a rough break. This is what makes me hate "Bitches", not all women are bitches but this one certainloy seems to be. "I'm not happy with my life, so I'm gonna drag everyone else down with me." And she can do it too, because these panty wiast judges file these BS PFA's on some psychos' word with lil or no cause.

I hope he gets it all squared away, and I hope this chic gets scurvy.
    Does the OP's friend have decently more expendable cash than the aforementioned "bitch"? In that case, I wouldn't worry... The attorney will guide it on how to make her life hell. They're good at that...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    Does the OP's friend have decently more expendable cash than the aforementioned "bitch"? In that case, I wouldn't worry... The attorney will guide it on how to make her life hell. They're good at that...

Yeah I know, but sounds like the OP's friend is a good guy, and now he has to deal w/this crap.
    3%

My buddie's ex girl got a PFA against him with no evidence whatsoever. She had his kid, said she didn't know who the father was and put it up for adoption. The lawyer told him it'd cost 20 grand to get his kid back...he can't afford to get his baby girl back.

It seems to be judges will hand out PFA's for women against men almost like candy. Hopefully, your friend has a decent lawyer that can get him out of it. A DNA test is in order if it can be had, for sure. If its found its his baby...it should weaken her argument. If she has a record of mental illness I'd definitely bring that up to the lawyer, though its use in court is questionable, unfortunately. Lawyer will know Hopefully all works out for him.
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

Who has "expendable cash" nowdays?
    This is BS, I know the OP personally, he would not post this, if he was not positive it was BS.!!!

Well she ain't got a hope in hell in that aspect, he honestly doesn't have a pot to piss in (more or less)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Yeah I know, but sounds like the OP's friend is a good guy, and now he has to deal w/this crap.
    Yes he is, he's a tad hyper, a little nutty at times but he does what needs to be done to bring home money and he cherished her and the kid. This miserable bitch used him, screwed him over and now wants to make his life a living hell.

BTW, Tootie had a better word for this type woman, begins with a C and ends with a T

(Lycoming County)

If he does not contest the charge at the hearing and the PFA is made permanent (right now it is temporary as it was issued ex parte), he will lose his rights until the Order expires. The Sheriff will take them, however, there is an option of relief that allows him to transfer them to another individual. Said other individual has a requirement and duty, under threat of penalty, to keep the firearms from being possessed by the subject of the PFA. His LTCF will need to be turned into the Sheriff.

I have had clients, I am a Private Detective, in child custody disputes that have been the subject of a PFA. Half of me hates the PFA laws, the other half has actually recommended and assisted clients in acquiring them. The ex parte part bugs me, you are not even there to face your accuser. Also, Judges rarely want to deny a petition/request for a PFA and have something happen, so often they err on the side of caution and issue it, even if not warranted. Just my experience, results may vary.

Be safe (and do not pick a goofball).

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well she ain't got a hope in hell in that aspect, he honestly doesn't have a pot to piss in (more or less)

Yes he is, he's a tad hyper, a little nutty at times but he does what needs to be done to bring home money and he cherished her and the kid. This miserable bitch used him, screwed him over and now wants to make his life a living hell.

BTW, Tootie had a better word for this type woman, begins with a C and ends with a T
    Now that is evil, when Tootie uses that word.......

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast