Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Well it happened, PFA on my friend and he has questions

thats a damn shame. i don't plan on ever getting divorced(who does). but if i ever feel like its imminent i'll make sure to beat her to the punch when it comes to a pfa. i'll go through the awkwardness of getting one if it means i can keep my guns. and if the worst that can happen is getting my ass chewed by a judge i'll be more than happy to take that too. i would definetely feel like a wuss walking into the police station saying i need a pfa against my wife. but if it were ever a choice between swallowing my pride or keeping my guns well thats not much of a choice.

Wanted to update everyone on this, he FINALLY got back to me. Seems the lawyer was able to scare the hell out of her and get her to drop the PFA, they are running paternity tests by the end of the month and then the court will decide who is who and who is responsible .... so far so good in this ongoing soap opera!

(Berks County)

Good deal. Now he needs to follow up on her false report/complaint. Too bad its not done automatically, but maybe if people start pushing it it will be.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    Good deal. Now he needs to follow up on her false report/complaint. Too bad its not done automatically, but maybe if people start pushing it it will be.
    Something to consider: If you prosecute women (it's always women) who file false affidavits in support of PFAs, who then withdraw them, what you'll do is force them to stick with their initial allegations, to make it harder to prosecute them.

What we should do is stack the incentives the other way, prosecute the liars who DON'T back down from their lies. Maybe grade the offense according to how many days they stick with the lies.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Something to consider: If you prosecute women (it's always women) who file false affidavits in support of PFAs, who then withdraw them, what you'll do is force them to stick with their initial allegations, to make it harder to prosecute them.

What we should do is stack the incentives the other way, prosecute the liars who DON'T back down from their lies. Maybe grade the offense according to how many days they stick with the lies.
    Well in this case (if you hadn't read the original post) this woman has woven a wall of lies from day one. It's so bad her own parents now want nothing to do with her.

As Tootie said earlier it is this type woman that give credence to the stereotypes many good women have to fight each and every day. Now granted there are a bunch of scumbag guys out there too but women like this make most men feel they will never get a fair shake. All I can say is thank god I found a good one cause I honestly don't know what I would have done had I been placed in a situation like Tommy was.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

I understand the point, but if we do not prosecute those who lie then withdraw it, the false affidavits will continue to be filed and withdrawn as a means of blackmailing. Its a bad situation all around with no good solution to stopping the abuse of the system.

I understand the point, but if we do not prosecute those who lie then withdraw it, the false affidavits will continue to be filed and withdrawn as a means of blackmailing. Its a bad situation all around with no good solution to stopping the abuse of the system.
    You know MJ I am with you 100% BUT honestly tell me there aren't thousands of people getting orders against them or going to jail all on a lie?

Now in this case the problem is the same as every other damn problem in America .. we are NOT able to find the 'middle ground', we swing from one wild extreme to another and the average Joe doesn't notice the swings.

Until the average American person realizes 'all the way to the left' or 'all the way to the right' is NOT the answer we will have these problems. Then when you combine that stupidity with the plague of 'political correctness' you have what I would call 'idiocracry' ... now here's the problem,

Too many people realize they can use this stupidity to their advantage and no matter HOW MUCH people like you and I scream about the stupidity of such a ruling or law the bulk of the people don't get it ... there in lies the problem 'logical minds' face these days. We are bombarded from one side by what we "can't say or do" all while we are taunted by the stupidity and manipulation of those that would 'play' the system ... so where the hell do you go?

Makes me think of a song I didn't get for many years, until something happened to me that MADE me get it:

"Besides all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"

I can't tell you how many times I felt like that rat and that damn cage felt like it was impenetrable!

So comes the world we live in.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    You know MJ I am with you 100% BUT honestly tell me there aren't thousands of people getting orders against them or going to jail all on a lie?

Now in this case the problem is the same as every other damn problem in America .. we are NOT able to find the 'middle ground', we swing from one wild extreme to another and the average Joe doesn't notice the swings.

Until the average American person realizes 'all the way to the left' or 'all the way to the right' is NOT the answer we will have these problems. Then when you combine that stupidity with the plague of 'political correctness' you have what I would call 'idiocracry' ... now here's the problem,

Too many people realize they can use this stupidity to their advantage and no matter HOW MUCH people like you and I scream about the stupidity of such a ruling or law the bulk of the people don't get it ... there in lies the problem 'logical minds' face these days. We are bombarded from one side by what we "can't say or do" all while we are taunted by the stupidity and manipulation of those that would 'play' the system ... so where the hell do you go?

Makes me think of a song I didn't get for many years, until something happened to me that MADE me get it:

"Besides all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"

I can't tell you how many times I felt like that rat and that damn cage felt like it was impenetrable!

So comes the world we live in.
    I'd say thousands is an underestimation. We got the far left (communism) trying to control us by making us dependent on the government, and the far right (fascism) trying to control us by making us afraid of our own shadows. There is some hope though. I've read articles about states that have decided spanking is not abuse, so they've managed to find the middle ground between a punch in the face and you can't touch them, it just takes time (aka a generation or 2) to get it right.

Sadly, things always have to get worse before anyone can work to make them better.

Sadly, things always have to get worse before anyone can work to make them better.
    Sadly I have to agree .. but maybe, just MAYBE things will get better once that happens.

(Northampton County)

Being a woman myself.... these kind of girls really piss me the fuck off! I am so sick of watching women take advantage of the system. I hope your friend fights to the end with this. This is complete bullshit. I had an experience where a girl did this kind of thing with my bro. She "claimed" he hit her.. which he did not. Anyway, she dug her own grave in court and the judge was actually pissed off that she tried to abuse the system. So luckily, not all judges fall for this kind of bullshit!
    This sort of thing really bothers me. The legal system is usually there for the woman and screws the guy all the time. It's completely unfair and it should seriously be looked at.
    Anyway, tell him NOT to plead no contest, it will only add to her position.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast