Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Well it happened, PFA on my friend and he has questions

The problem is that most people can not except that the did not choose wisely for a mate and when those charter flaws that they overlooked in the honey moon period now come the surface they don't believe it.
    We all have had times when we got to know people we have learned that they are not what we thought.
    So before you ask them to move in or get married a weak after meting them think twice.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    It doesn't matter, unless the baby momma wants to give up free money, it won't mean a damn as far as child support goes. His name is on the certificate and he has raised it for years as his own... its his.
    And this is BS too! What is stopping a woman from having an affair and then when she becomes pregnant she passes it off as the the mans so she doesn't get caught. The laws have to be changed here too. If a DNA test shows it's not his then he should not be responsible. Just because he thought it was his while she was having an affair doesn't mean when the truth comes out that the wrong should not be made right.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydog View Post
    And this is BS too! What is stopping a woman from having an affair and then when she becomes pregnant she passes it off as the the mans so she doesn't get caught. The laws have to be changed here too. If a DNA test shows it's not his then he should not be responsible. Just because he thought it was his while she was having an affair doesn't mean when the truth comes out that the wrong should not be made right.
    Agreed. This is state-by-state, right? I have a buddy in TX who was wondering if he was about to get burnt in the same scenario as mentioned by the OP. He got a "Dear John" while he was overseas though...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    i agree he should have...he just wanted to get divorced and get it all over with and move on, i guess.

but, he should not have had to follow-up.

the judge should have declared her in contempt of court and had her arse thrown in jail. she should have been arrested for filing a false report (or whatever the actual statute calls it)...again, without my buddy having to do anything to initiate it.

it just pisses me off that our government has no problem arresting people for victimless "crimes" without some citizen having to initiate the process, but when someone does something illegal that actually causes another person harm, the government won't do anything about it unless the harmed person takes it on himself to initiate the process. it's abusrd and disgusting. but, i digress...
    You're completely right, it should be automatic. Only thin I can figure is its probably so many years of people just taking the win and not wanting to push it that its just assumed they don't want to.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Well I didn't hear word one from my buddy today and I take that as a bad sign .... hopefully I will hear something tomorrow from him and update everyone.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well I didn't hear word one from my buddy today and I take that as a bad sign .... hopefully I will hear something tomorrow from him and update everyone.
    Maybe hes out getting drunk to celebrate? Keep us posted and sorry for the thread jacking.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    Maybe hes out getting drunk to celebrate? Keep us posted and sorry for the thread jacking.
    Well last night he told me he spent his last $30 getting drunk over this ... kind of worries me he hasn't called but I will 'let it go' until tomorrow ... hopefully he didn't lose it

(Allegheny County)

What a terrible situation. And the biggest loser is going to be the kid, unless your buddy can get him away from his ex. No matter what price your friend might have to pay, the child is going to end up paying a hundred fold. And that is just infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by keryst View Post
    What a terrible situation. And the biggest loser is going to be the kid, unless your buddy can get him away from his ex. No matter what price your friend might have to pay, the child is going to end up paying a hundred fold. And that is just infuriating.
    Man you couldn't be more right .. he told me last night he didn't care whose kid it was, he had spent 2 years raising him as his own and that was all that mattered.... I can't even imagine being that devoted to your child only to have your heart ripped out (finding out it wasn't your child) ... I really feel for him and am somewhat worried about his state of mind

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    he told me last night he didn't care whose kid it was, he had spent 2 years raising him as his own and that was all that mattered....
    Sounds like a great guy, and a good father. I'm praying for the best, but I know how the family courts work, and how situations like this usually end up going, and it brings my piss to a boil. keep us posted.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast