Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Open Carry Incident at Target World

Quote Originally Posted by BlownNitroPontiac View Post
    I'm not sure why you think that some $8/hour retail sales clerk is supposed to be knowledgeable about gun laws.
    They probably shouldn't be, which is why they probably should keep their mouth shut about such things - especially when it has the potential to decrease business.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    They probably shouldn't be, which is why they probably should keep their mouth shut about such things - especially when it has the potential to decrease business.
    As a former retail sales person, I think I can safely say that any $8/hr sales person does not care about decreasing business, especially at large companies.

If it was me, and they kept on the offensive with the no-OC argument even after I concealed, I probably would have just said "OK, I guess I'll just take my chances then." And then I'd ignore them for the rest of my outing unless they asked me to leave.
    "Twice today have I been told that my outfit does not match my gun..."

(Bucks County)

This is why I keep copies of the PASC cases in my vehicles. I'd like to see someone argue that oc is illegal when they read a SC ruling expressly stating the opposite.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Northampton County)

I dont care if you get paid with M+M's. If your working behind a counter in a gun store you should know the law.

Shame, I'm looking for another carry peice as well.....
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.JFK

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by terrible1 View Post
    I dont care if you get paid with M+M's. If your working behind a counter in a gun store you should know the law.

Shame, I'm looking for another carry peice as well.....
    Classic Pistol isn't that far from TW, and I can guarantee you won't have an experience like the OP's.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by markheck1 View Post
    You go over and above.....Thanks!!
    Something more of us should be doing instead of just complaining on this forum.

Follow up..... Find out why...... Inform them they are wrong..... Educate them......

We all need to take a more aggressive stand and quit waiting on Gunbrotz and PAPatriot to do this all the time.

Talk the talk. Walk the walk.

Where is this place at anyway?
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    While I did mention seeing this story on this forum, I did not identify myself as representing PAFOA. I identified myself as representing Pennsylvania Open Carry, which I have permission to do.
    LMFAO. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for someone to post those two exact sentences. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post
    This is why I keep copies of the PASC cases in my vehicles. I'd like to see someone argue that oc is illegal when they read a SC ruling expressly stating the opposite.
    This is another one that I found mirthful Read back through half the OC/CC threads, you'll find a few who would be more than willing....

I say Targetworld needs the pitchforks and torches treatment

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Open Carry Incident at Target World

Quote Originally Posted by terrible1 View Post
    That's a ridiculous assumption to make.

Why should they know any more about an open carry law than they do about the daily bag limit for squirrels?

Maybe the guy can tell you all about hunting laws and about the three-shell limit in shotguns, but maybe he's not a handgunner so why would he know? Or care to?

You presume too much about them.

Or, as GunLawyer001 would say "You are assuming facts not in evidence."

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jkroner659 View Post
    Every employee at Target World carries openly, to all you guys who are commenting on them. In fact I don't think I ever saw even one single employee there conceal while working.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownNitroPontiac View Post
    That's a ridiculous assumption to make.

Why should they know any more about an open carry law than they do about the daily bag limit for squirrels?

Maybe the guy can tell you all about hunting laws and about the three-shell limit in shotguns, but maybe he's not a handgunner so why would he know? Or care to?

You presume too much about them.

Or, as GunLawyer001 would say "You are assuming facts not in evidence."
    So if they are all carry open like stated do I still presume to much???? If they carry a gun they should know the law.
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.JFK

(Cumberland County)

Guys, something you may want to consider, not everyone knows about OC, I didn't at this time last year, I knew it existed in other parts of the country, but not in PA. I have considered myself a gun guy for a long time, but I probably would have agreed with the employees a year ago. Granted, this is no excuse, but that is why there are resources like PA Patriot's OC flyer. The other thing is, the Original Post and Greg's post stating that he contacted them only were posted 6 hours ago, I think PA Patriot makes a good point that we should give them a chance to respond (or not respond) before we get out the tar and feathers. Not suggesting that nothing be done, but maybe contact with owner will be all that is necessary to correct the situation
    Upper Adams Fish and Game www.uafg.org

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast