Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default M&P WORTH BUYING ?

Iv'e been thinking about purchasing a 40 cal. m&p can anyone tell me anything about them i'm a glock and sig guy but they look nice but have not shot one . I'm not sure . all opionons welcome. thank you.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: M&P WORTH BUYING ?

I carry a M&P9c with Crimson Trace on it - absolutely love it. Handles well, accurate, even my wife is comfortable with it.

Im also considering a 40 for a carry gun.... if only I could find some ammo

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
    I carry a M&P9c with Crimson Trace on it - absolutely love it. Handles well, accurate, even my wife is comfortable with it.

Im also considering a 40 for a carry gun.... if only I could find some ammo
    +1...I carry the full size M&P in 9mm and love it...
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    +1...I carry the full size M&P in 9mm and love it...
    yep what he said i also carry a m&p9 fullsize everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by para-carrier View Post
    Iv'e been thinking about purchasing a 40 cal. m&p can anyone tell me anything about them i'm a glock and sig guy but they look nice but have not shot one . I'm not sure . all opionons welcome. thank you.
    What do you want it for? Carry, at the range, competitions, just because?

I own a glock 19, and shot a few M&Ps. The M&P feels better in my hand and seems to be easier to shoot as a whole, personally. The triggers are different, the glocks being more suited for speed shooting and the M&P more suited to accurate shots. Getting used to the M&P trigger might be difficult if you're used to going by the glock's trigger reset.

If I were to make the choice...it would be the M&P because I already have a glock that will be my carry gun. The M&P would be a range and maybe IPSC gun.
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

I was at my local GS today and was playing with both the m&p in 9mm as well as the 9c. Really loved the 9c, but both felt very well in my hands. I run with a Ruger P95 right now, and really like it, but something about the m&p that just felt so much better. Its a strong built gun and reminds me a lot of a glock that my one buddy has. I've never shot the m&p, nor does any of my buddies have one, but the salesman really sparked my interest in the compact and full size. I'm actually looking at the compact for a summer carry, as my ruger is a little big to conceal IWB with a t-shirt as i tried to do last year. I am having a hard time narrowing it down between the glock 26 and the m&p 9c. I like that you can change the back of the grip on the m&p based on your hand size and comfort too. The gun had the medium backstrap and i had the sales guy switch it out to the large it felt even better than the medium which I thought was a great feel. Hope that helps a teeny bit.....

(Centre County)

I don't have a 40 yet but I have the 9c, 2 mid sized 9's and a 9L. I like them all. They are very reliable and very simple, easy to work on. I would recommend the M&P to my Grandmother. I don't want to steer you from the M&P, but the XD is also a nice piece for carry IMHO. It seems to point shoot a little better, but the comfort isn't quite as nice. I also don't see too many used M&P's For Sale either so that should say something for the gun. Good luck on your decision. I hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Brandon

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: M&P WORTH BUYING ?

Quote Originally Posted by malsech View Post
    I was at my local GS today and was playing with both the m&p in 9mm as well as the 9c. Really loved the 9c, but both felt very well in my hands. I run with a Ruger P95 right now, and really like it, but something about the m&p that just felt so much better. Its a strong built gun and reminds me a lot of a glock that my one buddy has. I've never shot the m&p, nor does any of my buddies have one, but the salesman really sparked my interest in the compact and full size. I'm actually looking at the compact for a summer carry, as my ruger is a little big to conceal IWB with a t-shirt as i tried to do last year. I am having a hard time narrowing it down between the glock 26 and the m&p 9c. I like that you can change the back of the grip on the m&p based on your hand size and comfort too. The gun had the medium backstrap and i had the sales guy switch it out to the large it felt even better than the medium which I thought was a great feel. Hope that helps a teeny bit.....
    And the Crimson Trace grips - nice... they are sized supposedly to the medium grip (I preferred the large myself), but honestly I really cant tell. The CT laser (albeit its not green) is really nice for acquisition and speed. In direct sunlight its all but worthless (isnt that what steel sights are for?), but everything else its very good to excellent.

Im using a DeSantis speed scarab adn wiht a little "work" in massaging the holster the laser fits in very nice as well. Looking at a crossbreed for IWB carry once it warms up a bit as well (for those occasional trips to a "city of the first class" that Id rather NOT draw attention to myself )

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by para-carrier View Post
    Very big fan of mine and my buddy has a Full size in .40 S&W and it shoots very well.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

M&P = yes

nothing more to say

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast