Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: M&P WORTH BUYING ?

Agree with post above me its a great gun that accomplishes what the Glock can never do or better said will never do, personalize their weopons. Glocks are very reliable and have their plus' and minuses but that doesnt help if it doesnt feel right to you. Some people like em, some dont, I dont really care, I can shoot it, I kinda like it, but I dont give a shit either way. I love the feel of the M&P, I havent shot it, but I love the feel, and since its better than the Sigma's trigger that I like im sure i'll love it.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

(Lehigh County)

Guess I should also add the part about "after the sale" service.... the 9c came with 2 mags, one with the extended finger rest \, the other without. I called them and they shipped me 3 floor plates (with the finger rest) at no charge! (the other two are for the rebate magazines.... still waiting on those).

That is customer service in my book - I offered to pay, they said no. Offered to pay the shipping then... still said no. Followed up wiht an e-mail about a week later as well.

(Lancaster County)

My first impression of my full size M&P40 was that the Glocks would be spending alot of time in the safe. It felt and shot that good. For reasons I cant explain, after about a month I put the S&W in the safe and took the Glock 22 and 27 back out and one of those has been at my side ever since. I havent shot the M&P in over 6 months but I feel it is a reliable and accurate weapon.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
    Guess I should also add the part about "after the sale" service.... the 9c came with 2 mags, one with the extended finger rest \, the other without. I called them and they shipped me 3 floor plates (with the finger rest) at no charge! (the other two are for the rebate magazines.... still waiting on those).

That is customer service in my book - I offered to pay, they said no. Offered to pay the shipping then... still said no. Followed up wiht an e-mail about a week later as well.
    not to be a follower but I had the EXACT SAME interaction with them

although I am still waiting for my rebate and its been almost 3 months... maybe I should call them on Monday and figure out wtf they are doing
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

In .40S&W, I'd say yes. In 9mm, I still think Glocks have an edge over them.

If you like it, get one. Their great gun, even if they're not THE most reliable/ accurate/ whatever choice in a given category.

Most people absolutely love theirs...and FWIW, I think they have the XD beat in every caliber.

(Erie County)

If I wasn't carrying my Glock, I'd give the M&P some serious consideration. I'm not crazy about the triggers but that can be fixed a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    In .40S&W, I'd say yes. In 9mm, I still think Glocks have an edge over them.

If you like it, get one. Their great gun, even if they're not THE most reliable/ accurate/ whatever choice in a given category.

Most people absolutely love theirs...and FWIW, I think they have the XD beat in every caliber.
    Question, why do you say you have preferences over it in 9mm or .40 or .45? I do agree about the XD I dont really like em so i'm sure thats why.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

M&P pistols have a bad trigger. At least takes getting used to. If you are a Sig guy you won't enjoy the M&P. My H&K and Sig feel and shoot much better. Plus never experience jams.

(Bedford County)

I think Synergy likes the Glocks better due to the more simple design of the internals.

I'm guessing he likes the M&P 40 better due to the more supported chamber.

(Just a guess).

I own the M&P 9 Fullsize and the 9 Compact.

Owned 7 Glocks at one time including 3 9mms.

The gut work of the M&P is more complex, with more moving parts. But the gun itself fits my hand much better and I shoot the S&W's much better. The Glocks are all gone.

I would not hesitate to carry a M&P, Glock or XD in any caliber or flavor if the gun fit me best. You will know the second you pick all three up.

At this point in time... I will take the M&P line over any polymer gun on the market regardless of price. When a better mouse trap is invented...I might switch again.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by roman3667 View Post
    M&P pistols have a bad trigger. At least takes getting used to. If you are a Sig guy you won't enjoy the M&P. My H&K and Sig feel and shoot much better. Plus never experience jams.

People need to stop acting like the M&P trigger is horrible or that it is the end of the story and you are stuck with a bad trigger.

The M&P trigger is one of the easiest things to correct.

If you can put together a glue together model airplane, change oil in your car, build a bird house, play Operation without making the buzzer go off...you can do a M&P trigger job. And it costs nothing.

The man known as one of the best M&P smiths in the world even put his instructions on the net for people to print and follow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast