Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default No loadad firearms permitted?

Anyone ever been to a gunshop that had a sign on the door that read "No Loadad Firearms Permitted?

Seems like a good way to loose customers if you ask me!
    Last edited by Jake Mc.; March 23rd, 2009 at 08:51 PM.

................ZRT Sector 1 Waterborne Operations & Sniper Unit.................

(Monroe County)

Default Re: No loaded firearms permitted?

Every gun show has the same policy and even go as far as to run a nylon wire tie down either the barrel or mag well and out the ejection port. Yet I never saw anybody turn and leave.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: No loadad firearms permitted?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake McCracken View Post
    Anyone ever been to a gunshop that had a sign on the door that read "No Loadad Firearms Permitted?

Seeems like a good way to loose customers if you ask me!
    The store owner has the right to set policy in his business.
    I have the right not to deal with business that have policies I disagree with.
    Yes, I have seen those signs and I don't spend any of my money in gun shops that have them posted.

oracle
    Last edited by MOUNTAINORACLE; March 14th, 2009 at 06:11 AM.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Armstrong County)

I go to guns shops that have the same sign and in them it typically refers to the guns you bring in for barter. Guns you bring into sell or trade are expected to be handled. I would say ask the management the intent of the sign. If it is indeed true NO loaded SD weapons, take your money where your welcome.
    Last edited by Big Dog; March 14th, 2009 at 06:47 AM.
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

Most gunshops have them

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Every gun show has the same policy and even go as far as to run a nylon wire tie down either the barrel or mag well and out the ejection port. Yet I never saw anybody turn and leave.
    I don't mind at the gun shows. That dosen't mean I leav it at home though. I remove the mag and empty the chamber before going in. I'm guessing it's an insurance, or cover their ass kinda thing. Besides, there are usually a metric ass load of people crammed in a space that is too small to accomodate half of them. Too much a chance to get a loaded gun pointed at you when someone wants to try out the "cool lookin holster" etc...

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    Most gunshops have them
    I've been in gunshops all over the country and that's the first time I've seen one... But then again I don't go lookin for the signs either. This place just happened to have it at eye level on the way in. I know for sure the three others in town here that I frequent don't have them. (I checked after spotting the one at Gun World)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I go to guns shops that have the same sign and in them it typically refers to the guns you bring in for barter. Guns you bring into sell or trade are expected to be handled. I would say ask the management the intent of the sign. If it is indeed true NO loaded SD weapons, take your money where your welcome.
    I guess thats possible, I'll have to ask next time I'm near there.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    The store owner has the right to set policy in his business.
    I have the right not to deal with business that have policies I disagree with.
    Yes, I have seen those signs and I don't spend any of my money in gun shops that have them posted.

oracle
    Agreed, and if that sign does mean all firearms I won't be goin back. Stuff there is a little expensive anyway.

I just find it kind of Ironic. A store that sells them wont let you carry them!

................ZRT Sector 1 Waterborne Operations & Sniper Unit.................

(Jefferson County)

You all have to remember that a lot of the people that go into gunshops are n00bs and half-minded folks. Those are the type of people that cause most of the ND's. Typically when someone brings a firearm into a shop its to trade it or have it serviced, no shop owner or bystander wants any unexpected surprises.

...so, the shop owners place those signs for the stupid people. Generally most that do place those signs will tell you if asked that those lawfully carrying can do so as long as it stays in the holster.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You all have to remember that a lot of the people that go into gunshops are n00bs and half-minded folks. Those are the type of people that cause most of the ND's. Typically when someone brings a firearm into a shop its to trade it or have it serviced, no shop owner or bystander wants any unexpected surprises.

...so, the shop owners place those signs for the stupid people. Generally most that do place those signs will tell you if asked that those lawfully carrying can do so as long as it stays in the holster.
    Makes sense, I always forget about the stupid factor.
    Like I said before, I'm gonna have to ask for clarification...

(Allegheny County)

I worked at a gun shop with an indoor range. They had a policy of a no loaded weapons in the building (except for the range) because they did have people come in with loaded weapons who had ND's. There were a couple holes in the carpet.

Ever been to a Group shoot at PMSC? They have a cold range there and attendance is never a problem.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Butler County)

I always took them to mean not carrying a loaded long gun into the place. Not the one under my shirt. Don't ask don't tell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast