Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default ACE Sporting Goods in Washington PA

I have heard a couple people complain about ACE Sporting Goods in Washington, PA. I purchased a shotgun from them today and dealt with, I think it was Wade. Great guy, very helpful, no complaints at all. Shop was great, was my first time there but certainly will not be my last.

Default Re: ACE Sporting Goods in Washington PA

I have been shopping at ACE since they were located on Main street in Washington and have bought several guns from them. Competative prices, knowledgable sales team and a great selection of inventory. I've never had a bad experience when dealing with them.
    mudlust.

(Allegheny County)

I've been going there for years, and love the place. Let's see... complaints. Well, it can be hard to get some attention when the store is packed. Sometimes the aisle of holsters is a gawd-awful mess. And sometimes there are some kids hanging around out back acting tough.

As for the positives: nice selection (of everything), reasonable prices, very very friendly people, good gunsmith, and the kids have never bothered me (probably just a good place to sneak a smoke while the mom is at the car dealer or the store).

(Allegheny County)

I like it there .
    i go out there during their sales and sometimes just to look around, I bought a bow and a few years later, I was having it restrung and bought a Glock.

Good friendly place. I'd recommend it to anyone.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    I have heard a couple people complain about ACE Sporting Goods in Washington, PA. I purchased a shotgun from them today and dealt with, I think it was Wade. Great guy, very helpful, no complaints at all. Shop was great, was my first time there but certainly will not be my last.
    I must have missed you because I just got a Bushmaster M4 today from Ace (thanks to the tip from Mojo). This is my second firearm purchase from Ace this year and I have call just about every local shop before both purchases (and stopped by a few others) looking at price. Typically they are very competitive and generally pretty friendly. It's always better to go during off hours, but everytime I get someone to help me they aren't rushing me to a purchase. I will be buying there again I am sure.

I've been visiting Ace since 2005.

In my experience, the staff is great. Very helpful and very friendly.

I bought an HK USP Compact there in 2005 that had 10 round mags with it in the box. Because I was on mid-tour leave from Iraq at the time, the guy I was dealing with switched them out for standard capacity mags. I never ask for special treatment for anything, but it was a nice thing for him to do. I can't speak well enough about the guys I dealt with.

I always found their prices decent. And their selection is easily the most interesting of any shop I've been to in PA.

(Centre County)

Best time to go is during the week, early in the day. Weekends are a mess.. and if it's raining out don't even think about going lol. It will be PACKED.

Prices are good, selection is great. I've had great service from Glenn there. Bought a glock and a ruger this year and a lot of ammo

(Allegheny County)

I have purchased several guns from Ace. Most of the guys there are very helpful. The only complaint I can say is that at times there gunsmith can be a bit of an Ahole but besides that, no problems here with. I try to stop there at least once a month.

(Allegheny County)

I've purchased 3 handguns from Ace in the past year and a half, and each time the service was great.

Granted, it is really packed on the weekends, but even then you still get great service once it's your turn.

(Washington County)

Thumbs down Re: ACE Sporting Goods in Washington PA

I called them once a few weeks ago looking for a bi-tone XDm. they said that they didnt have them. I said I saw they were listed on their website. he gave me some run around speel and said that the price is different in store. I asked how much he said he couldnt remember but they didnt have any anyway.

poor phone sales service... even if they were busy ... called Bravermans and got much better support ... price for XDm they had instock (not bi-tone) and also the price for a bi-tone if I wanted one. they would order one for me or try to find one.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast