Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    (Washington County)

Default Re: ACE Sporting Goods in Washington PA

I agree with WOP2. That surprises me. I can tell you from experience on numerous occasions, that they will give you 60% of the cost of the current price of a gun you want to trade in. It worked out great for me because the last gun I traded in was more expensive in the case than when I bought it.

For example. a new Shield is $399.88 in the case. If you are trading one in, they will likely give you $240 on the trade. this leaves them a bit of room to resell the gun you are trading in at a used price. If you are needing more, then a private sale is the way to go.

On the subject of your S&W Bodyguard, I can't imagine why they would not want it. That sounds like something to take up with Glenn (Store Manager)

Quote Originally Posted by ifman View Post
    I don't mind Ace most of the time, but their refusal to even give a ballpark price on a trade-in over the phone is annoying. I'm over an hour away, and called once looking to get a ballpark on my S&W Bodyguard. All I wanted was like, a "we'll give you 200-300 depending on condition" type of deal. They flat out refused.

So I show up in the store, with a BG in excellent condition. They take it to the back, look at it, come back and tell me they aren't interested.

It would have been nice if somebody on the phone told me they prob wouldn't be interested in a S&W BG.. but no, they got me into the store, over an hour away. Needless to say, I left without buying anything, sold the BG elsewhere, and since have bought a few firearms without bothering driving all the way to Ace.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

Another satisfied customer brought to you by Ace Firearms

I stop by Ace a couple times a year and usually find what I'm looking for (what I consider) at a fair price.

However, there was a PAP-92 on the wall not long ago for about $900 that will probably be there for quite some time, and I'm sure there's a few other outrageous prices there just like any other shop.

It's just nice to go into a local shop that actually has inventory, and the employees act like they actually want to sell something.

(York County)

I don't mind Ace most of the time, but their refusal to even give a ballpark price on a trade-in over the phone is annoying. I'm over an hour away, and called once looking to get a ballpark on my S&W Bodyguard. All I wanted was like, a "we'll give you 200-300 depending on condition" type of deal. They flat out refused.

So I show up in the store, with a BG in excellent condition. They take it to the back, look at it, come back and tell me they aren't interested.

It would have been nice if somebody on the phone told me they prob wouldn't be interested in a S&W BG.. but no, they got me into the store, over an hour away. Needless to say, I left without buying anything, sold the BG elsewhere, and since have bought a few firearms without bothering driving all the way to Ace.
    Aw please! Would you give me a price on my left handed hobnotting wrench sight un seen?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

They have two used Bodyguards listed on their web site right now. I've seen them get much more choosy about what they buy when the used gun case is packed full. What if someone came in just ahead of you and sold one just like it? They don't make money by tying up cash in excess inventory. Sounds like you just made a bad assumption that they'd definitely buy yours.

(Allegheny County)

Ace is a local institution. I have been going there since they were down for the Courthouse in Washington, Pa. in the 1970's Every time I cruise through Washington Pa. I stop.

I got my S&W 686 there, used. They were having a "Smith & Wesson day," with company reps there that day, and I got a very good deal.

Selection is their strong point.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021