Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default Is there any reason to NOT have a PA LCTF

LCTF holder here, but I've been hearing a lot (and reading a lot) of questions that have something to the effect of "I dont have an LCTF but I want to...transport/take to a friends house/stop at the grocery store/open carry/conceal carry/you-name-it..."

If I understand it correctly to purchase a handgun you have to pass the PICS system, and to get an LCTF you have to pass the PICS system.

$25 is $25, but its not an exorbitant amount for a license that lasts 5 years

So why would any PA handgun owner NOT want to get an LCTF?

Just wondering.

Default Re: Is there any reason to NOT have a PA LCTF

I don't know why anybody would not want one either. By the way it is LTCF (License to Carry Firearms)

(Allegheny County)

There are a hell of a lot of gun owners who are just that. Owners.
    They don't shoot, they "just have one for protection", or simply have no interest in firearms for anything other than taking a deer once a year.

Lots of people own them, and lots of people have no real interest in the "need" to carry, let alone pay for a LTCF.

To some extent, those are the people we need to be educating. Those are the people we should be taking to the range and getting them interested in different types of shooting sports. Those are the people who could benefit from some training, and those are the people who's vast numbers could overwhelmingly win the fight in preserving our second amendment rights! If they cared.

There are certainly more reasons/types of people than I mentioned above... perhaps we'll see some answers that we never expected?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Dauphin County)

i don't know anyone who has guns that does'nt want one. i do have friends that "would like to get one but its a pain in the ass to go to downtown harrisburg on my lunch break and try to find a place to park to get one." i have tried to get them to go down and its always "oh i will" but they never do. the only person that has influenced half of them to get one is our fearless leader obama since being elected. at least he's unknowingly gotten a few more people to get their LTCF in pa. BTW getting a LTCF in dauphin county is quick and painless.

(Allegheny County)

Amongst my gun-owning friends, it seem to be the "lazy-factor" more than anything. Regardless that it is "shall-issue", just a few bucks, and it lasts a long time, there is still this feeling of dread to drag themselves down to the sheriff's office. Next time I'm up for renewal, I'll try to get some of them to come with me and show them that it's not that bad.

(Beaver County)

I would bet that most people that own guns but don't have an LTCF think there is no need to have one. They most likely are not aware of the laws regarding transportation of firearms. Most probably think that as long as it's unloaded and locked up, they are OK no matter where they are going. They don't realize that only the case in a few limited instances. I know I didn't know the transportation law before I found this site.

I can't think of a reason not to get one.

BTW, since I started my latest job, 4 co-workers got theirs, 1 re-newed his.

I guess I'm a bad influence............
    Last edited by fingers80002; March 13th, 2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling

(Bucks County)

I don't like the idea of having to pay $25 to the state to do what I have a natural right to do: defend my life, liberty, and property.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDaniels2006 View Post
    I don't like the idea of having to pay $25 to the state to do what I have a natural right to do: defend my life, liberty, and property.
    I knew that one would come up.

People who don't like ANY paper trails was another reason I thought of.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by doctor1911 View Post
    LCTF holder here, but I've been hearing a lot (and reading a lot) of questions that have something to the effect of "I dont have an LCTF but I want to...transport/take to a friends house/stop at the grocery store/open carry/conceal carry/you-name-it..."

If I understand it correctly to purchase a handgun you have to pass the PICS system, and to get an LCTF you have to pass the PICS system.

$25 is $25, but its not an exorbitant amount for a license that lasts 5 years

So why would any PA handgun owner NOT want to get an LCTF?

Just wondering.
    $46 here in Delaware County but still a decent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDaniels2006 View Post
    While I agree with you, unless it's changed at a government level it is what it is and isn't a bad deal. Think of places like Illinois & Wisconsin where the right to carry is completely denied., or closer to home, places like Maryland & New Jersey where it's next to impossible to exercise that right.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast