Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Very positive traffic stop.

I was running late to work this morning. I wasn't really speeding but I mis judged a traffic light and ended up going through after it turned red. Well, I look to my right and there is a cop sitting at the light turning in my direction. Needless to say I wasn't surprised when he turned his lights on.

It was the Northern Regional Police. In every experience I've ever had with them they've been super pricks, so I didn't know what to expect. Turned out to be the best traffic stop I've ever had (and I've had a bunch). It's hart to convey tone over the internet but I assure you it was polite, and lighthearted.

Officer "You know why I pulled you over?

Me. "I got a pretty good idea"

Officer "Yeah, that light was pretty red. Ya know if you go through a red light right in front of me with all those people around, and I don't pull you over it looks like I'm not doing my job. You in a hurry to get somewhere?

Me. "Yeah, I'm running late to work.

Officer "Let me ask you something. Did running that red light help you make any better time?

Me "(laughing a bit) Well sir, at the moment I'm not making very good time at all.

Officer "It's always faster to stop at the light than get pulled over. Cheaper too. Can I see your license and registration?

Now, I've never disclosed the fact that I had a gun in a traffic stop before, but I was in my dads truck with no center console and the gun in the glove box so I basically had to.

Me "Here's my license, but before we go any further I have to tell you I have a license to carry and my pistol is in the glove box on top of my registration. How do you want me to proceed?"

Officer, "Well, just leave it there and don't worry about the registration. I'll run the license and if everythings cool I'll send you off with a warning.

So, he took my license and wasn't even gone a minute before he came back. I doubt he even ran anything. He said (this is where it gets good)

Officer "I want to thank you for letting me know about the gun. I'm a strong supporter of the second amendment, and a strong supporter of an individuals right to carry. I think if more people carried the world would be a safer place. I won't take up any more of your time, have a good day at work and drive safe."

The whole stop was probably 2 or 3 minutes and I was amazingly impressed with the way he handled himself. I am so used to officers being cocky douche bags it was a very nice change.

(York County)

Default Re: Very positive traffic stop.

It kinda sounds to me like you and the officer :both: handled yourselves about as well as you could.

It could have turned out a lot of ways. Props to you both!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

It's nice to hear about a positive encounter. I think you should call or write to his superior and give him a commendation. We are quick to be angry at the police when they are arrogant and oppressive...maybe positive reinforcement when they do a good job would not be a bad idea.

(Somerset County)

Sounds like a winner.
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Mercer County)

I can't imagine a traffic stop going any better! You are one lucky son of a gun...I'm terribly jealous!

(Allegheny County)

damn, im all repped out. someone get P-11 for me
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Officer, "Well, just leave it there and don't worry about the registration. I'll run the license and if everythings cool I'll send you off with a warning.

So, he took my license and wasn't even gone a minute before he came back. I doubt he even ran anything. He said (this is where it gets good)

Officer "I want to thank you for letting me know about the gun. I'm a strong supporter of the second amendment, and a strong supporter of an individuals right to carry. I think if more people carried the world would be a safer place. I won't take up any more of your time, have a good day at work and drive safe."

The whole stop was probably 2 or 3 minutes and I was amazingly impressed with the way he handled himself. I am so used to officers being cocky douche bags it was a very nice change.
    I am glad that things worked out for you, but based on what you said here, and how I feel about it, it occurs to me that I am a hypocrite.

I rant when Leo do not follow the law, and it turns out to be a bad experience for me, or my fellow 2A supporters. And yet, I find myself applauding the fact that this LEO ignored the law, because it worked out in your favour.
    Will I really care if LE later catch the guy who killed me ?

(Allegheny County)

The only way that could have gone better is if you got him to come to a shoot.

(Philadelphia County)

wOw!

Always a please to see a good officer who understands the meaning behind "to Protect and to Serve".

I wish they were all this way.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    damn, im all repped out. someone get P-11 for me

Done.

blah, blah, blah (10 chars?)
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast