Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default Just Re-joined the NRA

I was a member for several years a while back but quit due to their politics. I'm just really unsure about this administration and felt that besides contacting all my local politicians this would be the next best thing I can do to help preserve firearm rights for my children. Money is pretty tight right now or I would join a couple of the other pro-2a groups also but I really don't see any of them having the clout in Washington that the NRA does and I don't have the ching to throw around at this time.

I don't agree with everything they do or don't do but I'm sure it would be that way with any organization unless I was the Grand Poobah, lol. It's been all over the news about how many people are purchasing firearms since October and it got me thinking that if even half of the firearm owners in the US joined the NRA there wouldn't be a politician that would dare to vote for more firearm restrictions.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Just Re-joined the NRA

Thanks , we all have to do all we can .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Think globally, act locally. I'd love to see a PAFOA support indicator below your name jerkin.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    Think globally, act locally. I'd love to see a PAFOA support indicator below your name jerkin.
    Well, he could have donated anonymously to PAFOA.

Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    Well, he could have donated anonymously to PAFOA.

Benefactor Body Slam! Agreed, but I doubt it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    if even half of the firearm owners in the US joined the NRA there wouldn't be a politician that would dare to vote for more firearm restrictions.
    From your lips to Gods ears!!

Welcome to the NRA!! We are happy to have you back!!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    Happy now? Rep from you 2 support solicitors would just about give me one extra point.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I was a member for several years a while back but quit due to their politics. I'm just really unsure about this administration and felt that besides contacting all my local politicians this would be the next best thing I can do to help preserve firearm rights for my children. Money is pretty tight right now or I would join a couple of the other pro-2a groups also but I really don't see any of them having the clout in Washington that the NRA does and I don't have the ching to throw around at this time.

I don't agree with everything they do or don't do but I'm sure it would be that way with any organization unless I was the Grand Poobah, lol. It's been all over the news about how many people are purchasing firearms since October and it got me thinking that if even half of the firearm owners in the US joined the NRA there wouldn't be a politician that would dare to vote for more firearm restrictions.
    I've said it before, I'll say it again, at the national level the NRA is the best tool we have right now primarily due to its age and its size. The other Pro-2A orgs will gain more clout as they gain more members, and at the price of membership, 100 fewer rounds at the range will pay for a year (or more). Theres no need to race out and join them all at once, joining one a month or one every other month will still bolster their numbers and give them more clout with politicians..

And you're right, an estimated 80 million gun owners (almost 1/4 of the population) joining the NRA AND the rest of the top national level Pro-2A orgs would bring an immediate end to new restrictions and would go a long way towards getting many of the current restrictions lifted.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.