Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new GSG-5

(Monroe County)

Talking new GSG-5

just by chance, i found a NIB GSG-5 at Dunkleberger's yesterday listed for $529.
    ive been searching everywhere for one, for months, and Rich at American Sports Shooting gave me the low down, that they are impossible to get a hold of.

so after visiting him, i took a trip to Stroudsburg to browse around for an SKS or 10/22, and in the very back, next to a Steyr clone, lay a GSG-5.

without hesitation i snagged it. i did a trade in on an old bolt action .22 rifle i had, which dropped the price for me out the door to $429, plus tax and such.

bought a carry case for it.

all said and done, got me a hard to get NIB GSG-5 carbine for $490. i wish they would have given me as much on the trade as Rich said he might be able to do, but still, i was looking to part with the rifle, and wanted the GSG.

so far ive ordered a Hogue slip on grip for it and a top mount with a reflex sight. down the road i want the collapsible stock, 2 more mags, and maybe a different front hand guard.

anyways, im off to the range in Pike for some testing out with the stock sights. id post a pic but i cant find the cord for my camera since i recently moved, and things are all over the place.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: new GSG-5

I love my GSG rifle, and you will love yours.
    My club has one right now for $499.

Congrats...
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Monroe County)

i must say the rifle did very well on its first trip, and the few people that were there, took notice of its looks can coolness factor. i used about 200 rounds of the bulk Remington .22 and only had one round fail to fire. no other hiccups to report. the gun is fairly accurate too with even just the iron sights.

once i find the cord to the camera ill post up the 50 yard targets i was using.

cant wait for my accessories to arrive so i can get them installed and give them a try.

(Dauphin County)

I love my GSG-5 rifle...

(Monroe County)

how sturdy is the stock on your setup, i want to get the same thing.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    how sturdy is the stock on your setup, i want to get the same thing.
    It's better then the original stock...
    Lock-up nice and tight...
    You will like it...

You're gonna start burning through A LOT of ammo, mine is the one gun I ALWAYS take to the range with me.

(Northampton County)

It must be me.

I bought one on impulse - used, $325 out the door, I figured it was a great deal.

I put the collapsible stock on it, it's cool, it's small and I don't like shooting it. I don't like the sights and it feels like a toy.

I've been mulling the idea of selling it. But it doesn't take up a lot of room in the safe and has a decent capacity. But I'll take my 10/22 over it any day.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ssom003 View Post
    I love my GSG-5 rifle...

Seeing these pictures always makes me want to go out and buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Quote Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
    It must be me.

I bought one on impulse - used, $325 out the door, I figured it was a great deal.

I put the collapsible stock on it, it's cool, it's small and I don't like shooting it. I don't like the sights and it feels like a toy.

I've been mulling the idea of selling it. But it doesn't take up a lot of room in the safe and has a decent capacity. But I'll take my 10/22 over it any day.
    I've had the exact opposite experience. It fits me perfect and feels solid and heavy and I haven't had any screws come loose, either. I don't care much for the sights but they do the job. I haven't touched the 10/22 since I bought the GSG-5.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast