Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Where is the PA militia?

Quote Originally Posted by Big77 View Post
    I was hoping for organization - communication. I guess the need for that has been very little until now?

Would I be wrong to try and organize at least a way for those who feel strongly about this to communicate?

Would it be wrong for those who know how to use a weapon, teach those who do not, but want to help.

Would it be wrong, to discuss safety and plan to use the skills and time of those in the group to protect us?

I would be willing to organize an information hub. A web site maybe - with log in. Maybe not, maybe that would create a list of "trouble makers"

I want to and am willing to do this. But is this needed, or will it help?

"You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin."
    Si vis pacem...

(Dauphin County)

its too bad that the word "militia" is no longer politically correct. it was PC when there was a threat of being invaded by other countries. but now the big bad word of "militia" means your one step below a terrorist and your on every watch list. i think its bullshit too but perception is reality where the masses are concerned. when is the last time you saw a positive media piece about a militia that was'nt on the history channel? i've never seen one . the media always makes a militia out to be a bunch of uneducated people who have too much access to firearms who get drunk,go out and shoot in the woods and blow up federal buildings. maybe we should change the word "militia" to "disaster relief public safety volunteers" so that we can be more "PC".

The First Rule of Project Mayhem is you don't talk about Project Mayhem!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    I would love to join Project M*^&%$#m.

As EM mentioned above, Pennsylvania's current Militia really is a joke. I think it is more of a POLITICAL thing than a military thing.

I would like to truly see a good citizen militia set up across PA. Not just one unit in total control. But say several units, co-working together if needed.

I would like to see units in Western, PA.. A Central and an Eastern Division. Units set up that would do some serious training. Not just military training. But training on what to do in the event of a natural disaster or some other emergency.

But there are those that oppose this idea. They are concerned with these units becoming power hungry and being part of the problem if things would get ugly. And I understand that. But I for one, am all for it.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    The second rule of project mayhem is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT PROJECT MAYHEM.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmiro View Post
    The second rule of project mayhem is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT PROJECT MAYHEM.
    Stop talking about "IT"!!!!!!
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Lycoming County)

Am I the only one thinking about this?

Search Militia, it is a recurring topic.

Here is one http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/369...ia-page-3.html

Be safe (and well regulated).

Scott

(Tioga County)

Posted: July 3, 2002

Ronald W Hertzog, a 39-year old resident of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, was arrested in his minivan on June 19 by FBI and local police as part of an ongoing investigation. The arrest took place without incident, although it was discovered that Hertzog had seven firearms in his vehicle. Hertzog was a high school dropout who worked in a variety of jobs, but found his calling in the mid-1990s as a militia activist and commander of the Pennsylvania Citizens Militia. He was active not just on the Internet-where in one online forum he gave his occupation as "fighting terrorism"-but also in organizing militia training events in Pennsylvania.
    more at:

http://www.adl.org/learn/news/Leader_arrested%20.asp
    USNRET '61-'81

(Cambria County)

I was hoping for organization - communication. I guess the need for that has been very little until now?
    I don't think many people see a need for it at all. I recommend that everyone takes a trip and spends a couple weeks in a third world nation. Not even a violent one, just a crappy dirty one, then come back and talk about wanting to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Big77
    Would I be wrong to try and organize at least a way for those who feel strongly about this to communicate?

Would it be wrong for those who know how to use a weapon, teach those who do not, but want to help.

Would it be wrong, to discuss safety and plan to use the skills and time of those in the group to protect us?
    No, no and no. And the best part is that contrary to popular belief, none of that would even be illegal. If you taught someone the military method for conducting an Ambush or a Raid, you could possibly be caught up in PA anti-paramilitary regulations, but if you stick to defensive things like Facility Defense and React to Ambush, it should all be totally legit. Nevertheless, I would consult and retain an attorney before actually engaging in such activities.

Quote Originally Posted by big77
    I would be willing to organize an information hub. A web site maybe - with log in. Maybe not, maybe that would create a list of "trouble makers"

I want to and am willing to do this. But is this needed, or will it help?
    I don't really think it will help much. The people that are usually excited about doing militia stuff have this glamorous idea about running around in the woods with cammo on and having fun playing GI Joe. The reality is that there has to be tons of focus on organization and logistics to even get such an organization to be remotely close to functional. The training is just the icing on the cake, and in reality good training is usually more hard than fun, although it does usually provide a rewarding sense of accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by jt0311 View Post
    its too bad that the word "militia" is no longer politically correct. [...snip...] maybe we should change the word "militia" to "disaster relief public safety volunteers" so that we can be more "PC".
    Yeah, the word militia is definitely no good. And I don't really think that all by itself a militia is a very practical organization... It is a very expensive insurance policy against something that has a very tiny chance of being useful. I think that if a militia-like organization were to be practical, it would have to offer a much wider array of potentially useful services.

That's why I went with the name, "Pennsylvania Contingency Preparedness Organization," (PACPO).

I started a little free forum for the sake of kicking around some ideas regarding trying to get something like this going, but there is definitely a lack of interest, and at present my motivation is pretty much stalled out.

If anyone wants to take some initiative and contribute ideas regarding the structure of the organization, you are welcome to have at it:

http://pacpo.proboards52.com

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I am intimately familiar with this case. It has nothing to do with a Militia, this is criminality through and through.

Be safe (and legal).

Scott

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast