Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Where is the PA militia?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackpatriot View Post
    interesting?
    I would also say "interesting." It's something which I had no idea was in existence. Also it is something that I may or may not be willing to join, due mainly to ignorance. I only spent a few minutes browsing around the site before I decided to respond to the OP. Probably with a little more understanding of who you guys are and what you guys are about, I'd be more than ecstatic about joining. Until then, it definitely has my interest so: "interesting."
    Last edited by SierraPapa; November 18th, 2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: grammar

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by condition1 View Post
    I would also say "interesting." It's something which I had no idea was in existence. Also it is something that I may or may not be willing to join, due mainly to ignorance. I only spent a few minutes browsing around the site before I decided to respond to the OP. Probably with a little more understanding of who you guys are and what you guys are about, I'd be more than ecstatic about joining. Until then, it definitely has my interest so: "interesting."
    my point exactly
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(York County)

Ok well all of us invite people out all the time and besides people we already have no one seems to ever come /face to palm.....

While I am on the subject, we are having a meet and greet and get together this Sat. We normally do a two day FTX every month on the third weekend of the month but due to the holidays plus deer season etc we are taking a break group wide until January. We will still do training at the team levels and battle buddy training etc with first line leaders. However this Sat we are all getting together, especially for anyone that is interested in coming out and checking out the group etc.
    Sat morning we can pop off a few rounds if anyone wants some key pointers or just needs to sight in etc , and than starting at noon we will be watching Black hawk down and than discussing key points that should be learned from that situation. We will than be watching some key training videos our group has made in past and people want to watch and discuss as a group. We will than eat a roast who beast and pot luck. Than we will conclude the evening with watching Saving Pv2 Ryan, and discuss core values, selfless service and up coming training. I urge any one in our AO to come out and check us out!

Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    http://www.mariettapa.com/marietta_militia.html (this has the worst interface design I've seen in years)
    LOL...wow....thats REALLY bad...i can't even read the text on the site because of all the floating pictures

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

Thumbs up Re: Where is the PA militia?

Quote Originally Posted by clarion44 View Post
    Interesting...
    Very much so.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(York County)

No offense to those other units but the other ones (besides 1st PA) dont seem to exist to much other than online or "underground" the one with all the floaty pics seems to scare me... and 1st PA does not train other than airsoft and their higher ups wont let lower units within them even do any live fire. (we had a whole huge group come to us from 1st PA due to problems, and the training standard/ ability to do training)
    They are a very good group of upstanding guys just don't train as hard, or have as many people involved. Honestly our webpage, or our videos might not be all that great but come out and meet us and you won't look back! we also have a huge community service / PR out reach in addition to our training, and preparing, everything from an adopted state park trail, to food drives, blankets for homeless, free yup FREE firearms training to any one who wants to learn how to shoot, free weapons safety, anti rape and self defense classes, first aid classes, and first aid and at home safety for baby sitters and latch key kids.... plus we have a good working relationship with local LEO's meaning they leave us alone and know we are here if they need us heck we even helped rebuild people after a huge storm in MD and PA Seriously i urge everyone to check us out! Don't take my word for it ask fingers, killshot, 89harley lol they all know us

(Schuylkill County)

Bump to the top!

No you aren't the only one. I'm not sure how to go about it. The ones I've seen are stereotypical. Fanatics who do it for the wrong reasons and end up dead or in jail. The others have formal military training and probably have no use for a 42 year old man with no military training. If you are like me, you are looking for a group of folks who can be ready at a moments notice. Some other responders have said "look in the mirror" but you may be asking yourself how do I find others? When is the time right to heed a call and where does that call come from? How will I know?

(Chester County)

I am looking at the dates on the posts, and many are from about 6-7 years ago. I was doing a search for Militias in Pennsylvania and can't find anything. The ones that were there either don't exist, or have gone dark. I am very concerned with the direction this country is heading. Many of the events that have happened in the last several years and what our government is allowing to happen is scary at best. Any thoughts?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast