Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Talking new here, just wanted to say thanks. :)

first of all, i would like to say thank you.

to everyone who has been posting here and helping people, you rule and keep up the good work. its a beautiful thing to have a community of people who help each other.

i have spent many days/nights over the past month researching and reading over the posts here, and i finally decided its time to join up.

now i would like to pick your brains here. perhaps ive missed this information (which is probably the case.. lol) but at any rate, here it goes:

-how many rounds can you carry on your person?? (ive heard just 8, but just want to make sure)

-are there any local places around erie to avoid carrying your gun? (other than school / govt. buildings and such)

-does anyone know about carrying in Edinboro? my friend lives off campus (college park, owned by James Properties. just want to find out if i can have my gun on me when i visit him, or if i have to leave it in my car, or just leave it home.. ive tried contacting James Properties, and they dont seem to have a definite answer.)

-was anybody else very nervous, and anxious about carrying their gun at first?? (i've got my ltc but am yet to carry. im kind of scared to i suppose..)

i hope those questions make sense, and arent too beaten to death.. lol

thanks to you all ahead of time

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: new here, just wanted to say thanks. :)

Quote Originally Posted by darknorm12 View Post
    You're welcome

-how many rounds can you carry on your person?? (ive heard just 8, but just want to make sure)
    No limit... Other than what you can physically lift

-are there any local places around erie to avoid carrying your gun? (other than school / govt. buildings and such)
    It is unlawful to carry in places prohibited by law:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html
    Any place else is simply policy/private property.

-does anyone know about carrying in Edinboro? my friend lives off campus (college park, owned by James Properties. just want to find out if i can have my gun on me when i visit him, or if i have to leave it in my car, or just leave it home.. ive tried contacting James Properties, and they dont seem to have a definite answer.)
    I would not advise asking permission to carry. It will usually solicit a NO answer. Where not prohibited by law, such as the above mentioned private property it is usually best to "don't ask,don't tell", IMO. Exceptions would apply for places you deem unworthy the risk of being caught such as your job, etc. But in the end it's not unlawful, but there could be other consequences. IOW: it's up to you, choose accordingly

-was anybody else very nervous, and anxious about carrying their gun at first?? (i've got my ltc but am yet to carry. im kind of scared to i suppose..)
    Some are, some are not.

I recommend some good safety and basic pistol training. And then more advanced defensive/situational awareness/tactics classes. They are very big confidence builders. Competence builds confidence.

Welcome to PAFOA.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Venango County)

to everyone who has been posting here and helping people, you rule and keep up the good work. its a beautiful thing to have a community of people who help each other.

i have spent many days/nights over the past month researching and reading over the posts here, and i finally decided its time to join up.

now i would like to pick your brains here. perhaps ive missed this information (which is probably the case.. lol) but at any rate, here it goes:

Depends on how strong you are, I can only carry a case of ammo for so long...short answer...no limit

I'll let someone in erie get this one....

Off Campus is Private Property...In other words if not posted against firearms, then you should be fine. Tenant may have signed something in his lease, not allowing them you might wanna look into that.

Yeah, a Bit, but it fades, i now feel VERY NAKED without it

i hope those questions make sense, and arent too beaten to death.. lol

thanks to you all ahead of time
    Red is my answers

ETA..Damn, Gorilla, you must type fast
    Last edited by markheck1; March 12th, 2009 at 07:28 PM.

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Erie County)

wow! thanks for the quick responses lol

ive pretty much decided i would leave my gun in my car when it comes to my friends place. do you think in the trunk would be a good place?? or should i strip it out, as if i were carrying it without a ltc??

its good to know there isnt a limit on rounds, both my clips are have a 14 round capacity.. lol

and as for the where not to carry question, i was aiming towards local businesses and such which dont allow carry, or its frowned upon. ie walmart, kmart, places like that. i dont gamble (too poor lol), out of school, and i try to stay out of the police station as much as humanly possible.. haha

also, any suggestions for a good range? ive never shot at a range before, just at my camp with my grandpa (up until about a year ago) im just a little nervous to jump into the gun community i guess. i feel like such a noobie XD

^ i do hope that makes sense to someone.. lol

(Venango County)

wow! thanks for the quick responses lol

ive pretty much decided i would leave my gun in my car when it comes to my friends place. do you think in the trunk would be a good place?? or should i strip it out, as if i were carrying it without a ltc??

its good to know there isnt a limit on rounds, both my clips are have a 14 round capacity.. lol

and as for the where not to carry question, i was aiming towards local businesses and such which dont allow carry, or its frowned upon. ie walmart, kmart, places like that. i dont gamble (too poor lol), out of school, and i try to stay out of the police station as much as humanly possible.. haha

also, any suggestions for a good range? ive never shot at a range before, just at my camp with my grandpa (up until about a year ago) im just a little nervous to jump into the gun community i guess. i feel like such a noobie XD

^ i do hope that makes sense to someone.. lol
    That's more up to your Friend....it's his house....I hate leaving my gun in the truck, even though I used to do it all the time....and I mean 24/7....I wouldn't strip it, more movement and handling for someone to see you, besides, it just pisses off the guy who stole your gun when he puts it back together.......

CLIPS!!!! AAAHHH....the proper term is magazine....there's a lot of good humored ribbing coming from saying "Clip"

I'll defer the rest to someone in Erie...

(Luzerne County)

Generally speaking, I think it's a better choice to keep your handgun on you rather in your car (not as secure), except for places you can not carry.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Of course if you feel you must keep it in the vehicle some times, there are small gun safes that lock and have a cable to attach to something sturdy in the vehicle.
    Last edited by HiredGoon; March 12th, 2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Added link

(Erie County)

ok, note to self: its a magazine, not a clip.

good to see we've got a sense of humor here haha

im sure this wont be the last time you all get a laugh at my expense lol

(Venango County)

Good Advice from both of them....

(Mercer County)

Make sure you get your License to Carry Firearms (LCTF). Your county sheriff will have the paperwork.

You can carry a gun open (like in a holster on your hip, fully exposed) without it, but you can't just carry it around in your car (unless going straight to your business, going to a gun shop, or going to a gun range). You can't carry it concealed without the license, either.

Once you get your LCTF, you can carry concealed and you can have it with you in your car as you putter around town.

Welcome!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast